Get a new logo and feel good about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this right - Andrew is spamming, yet the guy who's posting previews of his soon-to-be-commercial skin gets a pat on the back and told how great his work is? No disparity there then!!!
frown.png

Andrew - thanks for at least having a go at this. Please PM me your PayPal email address.

Maybe ALL discussion of anything commercial related to non-xF-brand products needs to be posted somewhere else then? Maybe an xF.org site is the way to go? At least that would level the playing field.

Shaun

Well, the term spam has various meanings. While both of you are right, with saying Andrew is trying to earn money, why he shouldn't do this?
Of course, this is the off-topic forum but who determines what is off-topic in an off-topic forum? Do you know what I mean? I think there can't be an off-topic thread within an off-topic forum, so it would be on-topic?? Confusing :D

Anyway, I think we shouldn't be to petty with things like that.
I like your idea, Andrew, and I would prefer a guy like you doing work. I like the social character.

Where did I or anyone else say he shouldn't try to earn money??????????????

Think about this please, if openly selling something is OK in this Off Topic Chat forum, I can assure you that before you know it this forum (OFF TOPIC) will be nothing but pure 100% spam.... if that is what you all want then no problems, I had hoped for *shock horror* one single place on the net where we are not overrun with everyone openly selling something... where perhaps we could engage in intelligent (or downright silly) conversation without the commercial imperative, where everything is not about the holy flippin $. Clearly I am deluded.

I have seen threads where people offer licenses for sale closed by staff.. this is no different, it is not appropriate to try to sell something in a corporation's Chit Chat forum.. if you can't see that, then seriously I have to wonder about what you think this forum is for.

Andrew, why did you delete your post to Jethro?

So let me get this right - Andrew is spamming, yet the guy who's posting previews of his soon-to-be-commercial skin gets a pat on the back and told how great his work is? No disparity there then!!! :(

Andrew - thanks for at least having a go at this. Please PM me your PayPal email address.

Maybe ALL discussion of anything commercial related to non-xF-brand products needs to be posted somewhere else then? Maybe an xF.org site is the way to go? At least that would level the playing field.

Shaun

Shaun, if you read my thread, you will see that I clearly stated I believe that there should be a forum for style review, and that it TOO should be kept out of here.

Sheeeeeeeeeez

I can't see anything good coming out of this thread now so I'll lock it.

I've raised the issue of a 'services' type forum with Mike and Kier which would then provide a place for threads of this nature to be posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom