1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Generating XML language file for a specific version

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Daniel Bittar, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Daniel Bittar

Daniel Bittar Member

Hi there people!

When I generated the language file for translation it generated phrases for all versions. Is it possible to generate the file for this specific version?

Thanks a lot,
    Daniel Bittar.

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

All phrases are relevant to all versions of XF. The version_string field just tells you when the phrase was created. You still need to translate all phrases.

The version_string can be useful for updating your language pack later on. You can look for new phrases since the previous version and translate only those new phrases when updating your language pack.

3. Daniel Bittar

Daniel Bittar Member

Ok! Thanks!

4. Daniel Bittar

Daniel Bittar Member

Well, one more question. If I need phrases from all versions, why there are so many repeated phrases, though?

5. Jake Bunce

Phrase names are unique within a language. What duplicates do you see?

6. Daniel Bittar

Daniel Bittar Member

Hi there! Well, my mistake. It has only one phrase independently of the version. However it seems that when I generate the XML language file I'm getting several repeated lines. This is why I thought I had repeated phrases. What is the correct way of generating this file so it doesn't repeat the lines?

Thanks again,
    Daniel Bittar.

7. Jake Bunce

Can you give an example of the repeated lines?

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Languages -> Export

When downloading a language you can specify untranslated phrases. Then you can edit the XML file directly to enter translations. When you are done translating you can import the XML file:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Import a Language

8. Daniel Bittar

Daniel Bittar Member

Man, I'm sorry. Really sorry. I must have mixed them myself. Re-Exporting did't generate anything repeated. Just to add, I have to chose (ALL) and Untranslated phrases, right?

Thanks a lot!

9. Jake Bunce

If you are going to release this language pack then you probably want to just translate XenForo, not All.

10. Daniel Bittar

Daniel Bittar Member

Well, I already started with All. But I only have a fresh install of XenForo with no add-on. So I believe I wont have any problems, right?

11. Jake Bunce

No problem then.

12. Daniel Bittar

Daniel Bittar Member

Thanks you very much!