XF 1.4 General Customizing/Styling Question Please

ekim

Hi, I'm hoping someone can offer me a few styling tips/suggestions on how to go about setting up my site. My site is http://policecaughtontape.com and as you can see there's pretty much nothing there yet as I haven't had a lot of time lately, but what I'd like to do is have 3 different Tabs (I have the Nodes as Tabs Add-On), but I really don't know how to do this with the way I want it set up. I have all the states of the United States listed, and each Tab I'd like it to pull all states categories (1-Caught on Tape, 2-Articles, 3-Attorney Talk).

Basically, I'd like someone to be able to click on a Tab called Caught on Tape and then it list all the states, and the same goes for Article, and Attorney Talk but I can't figure out how to go about doing it without labeling all 3 Tabs as Categories, and then listing all 50 States 3 times in a row.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and any customizing suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well!

Last edited:
You could create 50 children under each node.

If you just need links to content somewhere that isn't a node then a Links Template might work for you. This is an option from Nodes As Tabs when editing a node.

You could create 50 children under each node.

If you just need links to content somewhere that isn't a node then a Links Template might work for you. This is an option from Nodes As Tabs when editing a node.

Thank you for the reply Jake! I'd though of that, but my real concern with creating all the 50 Children Nodes is the 'load time', so I was wondering if it'd be possible to create each Tab, and have it pull on the one set of 50 Children and be directed from there. Is that possible? I hope that's not confusing, although it probably is cause it's confusing me as I type it! ;)

Thank you for the reply Jake! I'd though of that, but my real concern with creating all the 50 Children Nodes is the 'load time', so I was wondering if it'd be possible to create each Tab, and have it pull on the one set of 50 Children and be directed from there. Is that possible? I hope that's not confusing, although it probably is cause it's confusing me as I type it! ;)

All 3 tabs could use the same links template.

Thanks for the reply Jake! I don't understand that 'links template' at all really.....do you thing you could easily explain how I could go about doing that? Thanks a lot Jake!

Copy the contents of this template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> nat_linkstemplate

And paste them into a new template:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Templates -> Create New Template

Change the HTML in your new template to specify any number of links you want.

Then enter the name of that template when editing the node:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> [click the node] -> Links Template

Top Bottom