Gender Message Indicators [Deleted]

You can make the default color of the Message User Info section green. This can be accomplished easily via the Style Properties.
images.webp Should have thought of that. :ROFLMAO:

The only "bug" now is that for some odd reason the female icon isn't showing. The color works, but no icon. Odd.

I haven't had any issues, the icons show fine for me. Are they uploaded into the correct directory? Sometimes that does happen :).

I haven't had any issues, the icons show fine for me. Are they uploaded into the correct directory? Sometimes that does happen :).
As the image path hasn't changed and only the code has and it was working before.... I do not believe that is the problem.

I want to move the gender icon/image slightly lower from messageUserBlock to the extraUserInfo

Code:
.male .messageUserBlock h3.userText{background: url(styles/default/xenforo/gender/male.png) 97% center no-repeat;}

To:
Code:
.extraUserInfo .male {background: url(styles/default/xenforo/gender/male.png) 97% center no-repeat;}

.. but this isn't working for me. Could you advise what I should be correctly using? Thanks.

I tried using this, and works as expected EXCEPT that now the first page of all of my threads doesn't display any messages! As soon as I revert my template with the suggested change, threads return to normal. Please note I'm using TMS - not sure if that makes any difference.

Any ideas?

I want to move the gender icon/image slightly lower from messageUserBlock to the extraUserInfo

Code:
.male .messageUserBlock h3.userText{background: url(styles/default/xenforo/gender/male.png) 97% center no-repeat;}

To:
Code:
.extraUserInfo .male {background: url(styles/default/xenforo/gender/male.png) 97% center no-repeat;}

.. but this isn't working for me. Could you advise what I should be correctly using? Thanks.
Could you point me to your site so I could see what it's doing?
I tried using this, and works as expected EXCEPT that now the first page of all of my threads doesn't display any messages! As soon as I revert my template with the suggested change, threads return to normal. Please note I'm using TMS - not sure if that makes any difference.

Any ideas?
I haven't encountered this issue so there may be something wrong in the replace you're using in TMS. Can you post what you've written in TMS?
Nice work John.
Thanks Shelley.

Sorry, not following you (n) I have done the template change, added the CSS, uploaded the images .... but I do not see them on my site.
I looked at your site and checked inspecting your element. It's not being added to the site. So I'm not sure where you're adding the CSS code. Also you have a custom style which current styles the ".messageUserBlock h3.userText" element. So this isn't going to work for you.

Here is my suggestion to get it into the user info section:
  1. Login to your AdminCP and go to "Appearance > Style Properties"
  2. Make sure you're using your current active style and click on "Message Elements"
  3. User "Settings" make sure you've checked off "Show author gender".
This will add the gender name to the user info section for you. But that's wack because it's only showing the name of the gender and you want an icon correct? Well this is what you do:
Access your Extra.css template and add the following CSS in:
Code:
.pairsInline dd[itemprop=gender]{display:block;width:16px;height:16px;overflow:hidden;text-indent:-9999px;background:url(styles/default/xenforo/gender/male.png) no-repeat;}
Make sure you change the path to the correct one for your site. Give that a shot!

I looked at your site and checked inspecting your element.
Thanks, appreciate that.
Just a couple of minutes before your post though, a friend help me resolve the incorrect CSS I had in EXTRA.CSS. Here's what I should have have had (and now have) and it works brilliantly now ..

Code:
.extraUserInfo.female {background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gender/female.png") right top no-repeat;}
.extraUserInfo.male {background: url("styles/default/xenforo/gender/male.png") right top no-repeat;}

Thanks!

No, that's the only template modification I've got in that template through TMS.
I'm definitely not having any issues with TMS and this.

Here is the information I've used (Xenforo 1.1.4):

Template: message_user_info
Modification Type: String Replace

Search:
Code:
<div class="messageUserInfo"
Replace:
Code:
<div class="messageUserInfo<xen:if is="{$user.gender} == 'male'"> male<xen:elseif is="{$user.gender} == 'female'" /> female</xen:if>"

That's all I've done and it works fine on my personal forum: http://www.otakutalk.com/threads/gallery-updated-now-post-videos.186/

Oh wait a minute, that's a different replacement than the one I've got - let me try this.

Top Bottom