1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

******* - Gender Forums [Paid] [Deleted]

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases' started by borbole, Dec 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. borbole

borbole Well-Known Member

borbole submitted a new resource:

Gender Forums (version 1.0) - It makes a certain forum/forums accessible based on users genders.

Read more about this resource...

Tize likes this.
  2. bart

bart Active Member

This is what I have on my present site, so I would like to have it on my xenforo-site as well.

One question: does it work with the search engine? And in the last posts in a profile?

3. borbole

Regarding search engines will not block indexing of posts/threads but it will block access if someone coming from search engines will click in the gender forum/s where they are not allowed to access.

The posts will show up in the in the last posts in a profile but full access to the posts/threads will be blocked.

4. bart

bart Active Member

So you will be able to see the first bit of a post when using the search engine / profile-posts?

Is it possible to change that?
    -----

maybe through a template-edit? if "forumid==X" then "show only title"? Would that be possible / work?

5. borbole

The only way would be to hide those forums completely but it will hide it for the rest of the other users too.

Anyway atm I do not have much free time to expand this mod as that would require quite some changes and testings too.

6. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

@borbole does this work with 1.2.3?

7. borbole

Yes, it works with 1.2.3. as well.

wickedstangs likes this.
  8. Warren

Warren Member

Regarding this Gender forum add on can someone sneak their way through, like if they try and trick the system by pretending to be the opposite sex or will the system be clever enough to see through that?

9. wickedstangs

wickedstangs Well-Known Member

@borbole does this work with 1.3.0RC1?

10. borbole

Yes, it works with 1.3.0RC1 as well.

wickedstangs likes this.
  11. Chad

Chad Active Member

Does this work with 1.4?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.