Gender as a Text Field

Gender as a Text Field 1.1.2

No permission to download

Iversia

Iversia submitted a new resource:

Gender as a Text Field - Replaces XenForo's gendered radio buttons with a plain text field.

Out of the box, XenForo defines gender as being either "male, female, or unspecified." This add-on removes the radio buttons and replaces them with a plain text field that your users may then enter anything into.

This add-on is not supported, as it modifies some of XenForo's core functionality, and will break any and all gender-based add-ons.

Features
  • Gets rid of the gender binary
  • Breaks many, if not all, gender-related add-ons...

Read more about this resource...

thx for this:)

Would be nice if you could include this into the user criteria too (or remove the gender option, because it won't work anymore)

I put the files in the correct places library -> Iversia -> GenderTextField and have been getting the following message:
The files associated with this add-on could not be found. Please upload them and try again.

Is there something I am missing? Thanks.

If you created the folders manually, it should actually be "library -> Iversia -> GenderTextfield" (without the "f" in field capitalized).
Thank you!

@Iversia, it works; however, when the user field is selected to be displayed, it shows either "male" or "female" when looking at member's messages (but when you go to their profile page, their other choice shows). Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
It's a shame that this will break the search function for gender, as that is very specific for my needs...
Otherwise I would have snapped it up.

I'll still watch it in case some of it changes which doesn't affect the search.
If that makes sense anyway.... :P

Is this plugin still working as it should? Whenever someone tries to change their gender it says they can't and they need to ask an admin...

I have a question @Iversia
Custom user fields... If I have TV/TS M or F as sex/gender, will this addon bork those?

I am having issues trying to get gender and sex filters working.. A lot seems to be the default gender giving me grief.
Thank you

@Glockie

Do you mean just using Xenforo's custom user fields? No, this add-on should not interfere with those. The only add-ons that it can really mess up are the ones that use XenForo's default gender field.

Top Bottom