1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender as a Text Field 1.1.2

Replaces XenForo's gendered radio buttons with a plain text field.

1. Iversia

Iversia Well-Known Member

Iversia submitted a new resource:

Gender as a Text Field - Replaces XenForo's gendered radio buttons with a plain text field.

Read more about this resource...
    xf_phantom likes this.
  2. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

thx for this:)

Would be nice if you could include this into the user criteria too (or remove the gender option, because it won't work anymore)
    Iversia likes this.
  3. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

I put the files in the correct places library -> Iversia -> GenderTextField and have been getting the following message:
    Is there something I am missing? Thanks.
  4. Iversia

If you created the folders manually, it should actually be "library -> Iversia -> GenderTextfield" (without the "f" in field capitalized).
    Frankenfurter likes this.
  5. Frankenfurter

Frankenfurter Member

Thank you!

@Iversia, it works; however, when the user field is selected to be displayed, it shows either "male" or "female" when looking at member's messages (but when you go to their profile page, their other choice shows). Is there a way to fix this?
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
    Iversia likes this.
  6. Iversia

Iversia updated Gender as a Text Field with a new update entry:

Some small additions.

Read the rest of this update entry...
  7. Iversia

8. Glockie

Glockie Well-Known Member

It's a shame that this will break the search function for gender, as that is very specific for my needs...
    Otherwise I would have snapped it up.

I'll still watch it in case some of it changes which doesn't affect the search.
    If that makes sense anyway.... :p
  9. dopy

dopy Member

Is this plugin still working as it should? Whenever someone tries to change their gender it says they can't and they need to ask an admin...
  10. Iversia

11. Glockie

I have a question @Iversia
    Custom user fields... If I have TV/TS M or F as sex/gender, will this addon bork those?

I am having issues trying to get gender and sex filters working.. A lot seems to be the default gender giving me grief.
    Thank you
  12. Iversia

Do you mean just using Xenforo's custom user fields? No, this add-on should not interfere with those. The only add-ons that it can really mess up are the ones that use XenForo's default gender field.
  13. Glockie

Okay fantastic. Good to know, thanks for the info.
    Iversia likes this.
  14. Kegan Hollern

Kegan Hollern New Member

What is the purpose of this? I don't understand
  15. James

James Well-Known Member

So people can define themselves as more than just "male" or "female".
    Glockie likes this.