Gaming question - something for me?

Morgain

I sometimes watch my son gaming and some of it looks gorgeous. Other things are to me, not.
I'd wistfully like to play something but it's a world not designed for someone like me so maybe not possible. Anyway just thought I'd ask as I know a lot of you are gamers so you might know something I could try.

I like it that my son has an avatar or character he can design -appearance, type of operator.
Like him as it happens I want a female ID but without ugly unnaturally swollen boobs.
I love it on at least two of the games where the character has a lavish "home" like a fantasy castle with lots of carved wood, jewels, oriental carpets, sconces, magic lights. If I can put things where I like great, choose colours wonderful.
I like magical animal personalities to meet and talk to. Or elves, nicorns, dragons, witches, druids, shamans, priestesses (all good people to me)
Love fantasy landscapes - fields, forests, undersea, underworld, caves, mountaintops, space.
Humour a definite plus.
Quite like interesting technology.
But maths very basic.
Totally bored by fighting, weaponry, war.
Crude god/ evil is a yawn.

A lot of it is the games LOOK so beautiful and allow a lot of user customisation.

I sometimes watch my son gaming and some of it looks gorgeous. Other things are to me, not.
I'd wistfully like to play something but it's a world not designed for someone like me so maybe not possible. Anyway just thought I'd ask as I know a lot of you are gamers so you might know something I could try.

I like it that my son has an avatar or character he can design -appearance, type of operator.
Like him as it happens I want a female ID but without ugly unnaturally swollen boobs.
I love it on at least two of the games where the character has a lavish "home" like a fantasy castle with lots of carved wood, jewels, oriental carpets, sconces, magic lights. If I can put things where I like great, choose colours wonderful.
I like magical animal personalities to meet and talk to. Or elves, nicorns, dragons, witches, druids, shamans, priestesses (all good people to me)
Love fantasy landscapes - fields, forests, undersea, underworld, caves, mountaintops, space.
Humour a definite plus.
Quite like interesting technology.
But maths very basic.
Totally bored by fighting, weaponry, war.
Crude god/ evil is a yawn.

A lot of it is the games LOOK so beautiful and allow a lot of user customisation.

L4d2 is a calming game i think you'll like, beautiful scenery. It's calming and non violence will definitely appeal to you i really recommend you give it a try. (y)

Thanks Shelley. Wiki says "post holocaust ... four new Survivors, fighting against hordes of the Infected, who develop severe psychosis and exhibit zombie-like tendencies. The Survivors must fight their way through five campaigns ..."

I'm a happy wimp. I don't want to shoot or fight anyone. :(

Thanks Shelley. Wiki says "post holocaust ... four new Survivors, fighting against hordes of the Infected, who develop severe psychosis and exhibit zombie-like tendencies. The Survivors must fight their way through five campaigns ..."

I'm a happy wimp. I don't want to shoot or fight anyone. :(

You'll be fine, it's currently on sale on steam. Go for it.

ps. more than 5 campaigns in l4d2.

If you don't like fighting, sims is the only thing left, I would think. Every game, more or less, revolves around fighting / killing at some level.

The problem with most modern games is that they are made to be experienced, not played. That's why most games have no staying power. Without good gameplay the game is all used up once you have finished taking in the experience (graphics, narrative, cut scenes, boobs, etc). The problem for you as an aspiring female gamer is that most of the experiences in these games are tailored for a male audience.

What you need is a game with good gameplay. I recommend Minecraft.

Top Bottom