Gaming Community needs custom work in order to transition from VB to Xenforo

Logicalpath

I help manage a gaming community over at [TOU] and we are seriously considering switching from VB to Xenforo, however there are some add-on/plugins that we need to bring over and some enhancements that we need implemented(which is what brought all of this on to begin with). Below I have tried to include as much detail as possible, developers please contact me via conversation if you are interested. That said, I would like to manage the project via eLance to avoid any issues. Please do not contact me unless you are willing to operate in this fashion.

1. We need to match up our two themes/templates to the Xenforo we would be purchasing. This would encompass server icons, post icons, user group icons, etc. that need to be matched up across both themes.

2. We would need to bring over our "commendation program" or trophy program(I'm not sure if we could just utilize the Xenforo trophy system or not) where we can give certain members accolades for in-game performance & accomplishments. You may review it HERE. We currently are using "Yet Another Award System 2.0" from VB. Which brings along an admin panel where you can reward someone when they achieve one of the trophies. And we can create custom images as you can see in the link provided, along with descriptions on what each trophy represents.

3. Ability to make a thread "force read" and the ability to see "who has read a thread" and who is online(also who has been online in the last 24 hours). Some or all of these may be standard in Xenforo but I am not certain at this time. Or it just may be part of a free add-on?

4. Mobile capable for iOS and Android. Again may be standard out of the box, if not we would need an add on.

5. Have a Teamspeak link so that it shows who all is logged into our community teamspeak server. This way members on the forums know at a glance who all is on and hopefully encouraged to get on themselves.

6. Finally and this is the new enhancement we are looking for, we need to build a clan manager. It would need to consist of the following:

- Ability to create a game that will be played competitively. This way we can assign teams to a particular game or multiple games. Then teams would be able to schedule matches per game.

- Ability to create teams, squads(sub-groups per team if necessary) and have this link back to each users profile. Possibly have a banner appear with the team name under their profile pic and name(when they post). Assign teams to

- Have the ability to assign teams &/or squads to a particular game and schedule matches. This would consist of entering in the game, map, mode, rounds and the team to face off against. Finally it would need to allow members of said team to sign up for the match and have a place where we could include the stats at the end(win, loss or draw) for the team and at stats for each participant(K/D, Accuracy). We would also need the ability to set the number of players needed, number of reserve players needed and an indicator next to each players name as to whether or not they are starting or not. Individuals that sign up for a match should be able to enter in their availability for the match, definite or maybe.

- Teams should be able to assign a banner for their team and this should link back to their user group as well.

- Each participant would have global stats, how many matches they have participated in, what their individual win/loss ratio is(by number and percentage) as well as their global stats for k/d and accuracy)

- Permissions will need to be a part of this, so that we can create usergroup that has permissions to add teams, assign players to a team and/or squad, who can join a team, squad, etc. Who has the right to change starting lineup and reserve status. Essentially we would need some form of "Team Admin" right which would be a global power over the team and could do everything needed and "Squad Admin" right would have the ability to do anything within the squad structure and also general "Team Access" so these people are eligible to participate in matches.

I've tried to make this as detailed as possible but I can't help but think that there will still be tweaks along the way here. Please contact me if this is something you think you would be interested in working on and could do a great job in a timely manner.

Last edited:
1. Custom style
2. With some template edits, you can and diligence by an admin this will work with Trophies.
3. You'll need add-ons, but all that.
4.. 1.2 default
5. Will require add-on, haven't seen one.
6. Will require add-on, haven't seen one. Maybe some developers will help you out with 5-6. (y)

1. Custom style
2. With some template edits, you can and diligence by an admin this will work with Trophies.
3. You'll need add-ons, but all that.
4.. 1.2 default
5. Will require add-on, haven't seen one.
6. Will require add-on, haven't seen one. Maybe some developers will help you out with 5-6. (y)

Thanks for helping out as much as you have King, appreciate it. Are you saying that #3 would have to be add-ons but they are all available? I didn't really understand exactly what you were saying there.

#3 - Thereis a premium mod for this, for sale in RM

#5 - What about a widget and just put in your server block code?

#6 - @Jaxel is working on this as a premium mod, but he has said he has no ETA as to when it will release.

#3 - Thereis a premium mod for this, for sale in RM

#5 - What about a widget and just put in your server block code?

#6 - @Jaxel is working on this as a premium mod, but he has said he has no ETA as to when it will release.

#3 - Can you link me to what you're referring to?
#5 - Is creating widgets something that is standard with Xenforo? If so I would not have a problem going that route.
#6 - I've seen quite a bit of people discuss creating something like this but it never seems to pan out. Which is why I thought it would be necessary to pay someone for the work and to own the code. Hopefully some devs show interest.

But so far it appears that everything on the list is available or possible and the only question mark at this point is #6. Assuming that the trophy system would work and if not then I would need a dev to work on that for me as well.

#6 - I've seen quite a bit of people discuss creating something like this but it never seems to pan out. Which is why I thought it would be necessary to pay someone for the work and to own the code. Hopefully some devs show interest.
Its in the works, currently I'm reviewing how to integrate it into the Xbox Live and Playstation Network APIs so that people can link their accounts to it.

Also, I haven't decided if the ladder with by ELO or TruSkill.

Top Bottom