Add-on Game Server Monitoring (ex. vBGamez) [PAID REQUEST]

LGSL has been around since, what? 2003? There is nothing wrong with using it to query source game servers.
Yes there is. Everything is pushed into a single PHP file so it's not exactly intuitive.
GameQ uses separate library files which allows for easy additions when new games with new query protocols come out!
https://github.com/Austinb/GameQ

Most of the games supported in GameQ LGSL does not and will never support.

Yes there is. Everything is pushed into a single PHP file so it's not exactly intuitive.
GameQ uses separate library files which allows for easy additions when new games with new query protocols come out!
https://github.com/Austinb/GameQ

Most of the games supported in GameQ LGSL does not and will never support.

Wait, LGSL pushes everything into a single PHP file? Are you sure you know what you're talking about? While GameQ would be more flexible for games outside of what LGSL supports it doesn't necessarily mean it's "better".

Wait, LGSL pushes everything into a single PHP file? Are you sure you know what you're talking about? While GameQ would be more flexible for games outside of what LGSL supports it doesn't necessarily mean it's "better".
There is a single file that has all the game protocols in LGSL (check for yourself http://www.greycube.com/site/download.php?view.56) called 'lgsl_protocol.php'. This makes for a fixed selection of protocols and to add more, you need to edit that file directly (not exactly the MVC approach).
With GameQ, all you need to do in order to add a new game protocol is add the file to the 'protocols' folder, and simply call the class name (with the base GameQ.php included of course in your main script) which is FAR better for developers since they wouldn't have to edit the default files every time the author pushes out an update, and you could even generate a list of available protocols the way that they do it in the example located here:
https://github.com/Austinb/GameQ/blob/v2/examples/list.php
Also with GameQ when you query a particular protocol, it returns an array that follows a template, so unlike LGSL, you wouldn't have to code a separate interpreter for each game! FAAARRRR better!

Even excluding all of that, the fact that GameQ has been updated and seems to still be supported should tell you that it's the library of choice for a server listing addon.
This is why I feel LGSL is far superior for this addon.

Well if it is super clean and nice looking, and will support all source servers, Minecraft servers, and teamspeak servers. I will donate/pay for it!

I can make this into an automated script. Not to to expensive.

However, if you want advanced advertising features, such as, auctioning off ad spaces, than this will significantly increase the price.

Let me know what your budget is.

Note: If this is for Minecraft then that is out of the question as I have my own plans for that. However I may still be willing to negotiate a price.

I can make this into an automated script. Not to to expensive.

However, if you want advanced advertising features, such as, auctioning off ad spaces, than this will significantly increase the price.

Let me know what your budget is.

Note: If this is for Minecraft then that is out of the question as I have my own plans for that. However I may still be willing to negotiate a price.
Um what? An automated script as opposed to.....?
Plus if nobody is willing to do this for free I will since I have a purchased copy of VBGameZ and I'm willing to convert the banner/signature feature as well for free.

Um what? An automated script as opposed to.....?
Plus if nobody is willing to do this for free I will since I have a purchased copy of VBGameZ and I'm willing to convert the banner/signature feature as well for free.
Automated as in, pinging, hiding offline servers, and more.

If you can make it than don't talk about it do it. However I will make it, but this script will not be free. I don't work for free.

I was able to use LGSL and this bit of javascript in my Page's Description.
Code:
<div class="lgsl"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">$(document).ready(function(){$('.lgsl').load('/lgsl/');});</script>

Works fine and I didn't have to wait for empty promises either.

Automated as in, pinging, hiding offline servers, and more.

If you can make it than don't talk about it do it. However I will make it, but this script will not be free. I don't work for free.
Yes but you said that you can make it an automated script. I'm asking what it would be if it wasn't automated cause that doesn't make much sense to me lol

I was able to use LGSL and this bit of javascript in my Page's Description.
Code:
<div class="lgsl"></div>
<script type="text/javascript">$(document).ready(function(){$('.lgsl').load('/lgsl/');});</script>

Works fine and I didn't have to wait for empty promises either.

Wouldn't this just show a static page with server state?

That is quite boring and doesn't make a real top-site.

Also what is this empty promises talk about? That is kind of offensive.

Yes but you said that you can make it an automated script. I'm asking what it would be if it wasn't automated cause that doesn't make much sense to me lol

A static page.

What I am willing to work up, is a site similar to www.minestatus.net

Except using XF framework for:

• comment system per server/entry
  • Display misc server facts and lets you sort by them
  • Automatic removal/suspension of offline servers (based on X time or Y number of pings)
  • Server ranking based on misc stats
  • XF Trophy rewards
  • Auctioning off ad space
  • Perhaps display a tabbed page which shows only new server entries, a tab that shows existing ranked entries, and a tab that shows recently updated or bumped entries
I will start on this later today or tomorrow when I'm back at my computer. And that's a promise, and not an empty one at that ;)

Sent from my iPhone.

Wouldn't this just show a static page with server state?

That is quite boring and doesn't make a real top-site.

Also what is this empty promises talk about? That is kind of offensive.

I'm sorry you took offense to my comment that was in no way directed at you, but instead at the overall response to the OP's request. I'm also sorry that my simple method of doing exactly what the OP requested isn't up to snuff for your liking. I'm sure you'll be okay in the long run though.

I'm sorry you took offense to my comment that was in no way directed at you, but instead at the overall response to the OP's request. I'm also sorry that my simple method of doing exactly what the OP requested isn't up to snuff for your liking. I'm sure you'll be okay in the long run though.
I apologize for my poor response. I was under the impression that you were directly "attacking" me. That being said, it looks as if I was in the wrong and for that I am sorry.

Cheers!

I apologize for my poor response. I was under the impression that you were directly "attacking" me. That being said, it looks as if I was in the wrong and for that I am sorry.

Cheers!
Will you be using LGSL or GameQ libraries or something else?

Will you be using LGSL or GameQ libraries or something else?
I read all the comments about LGSL and GameQ and it looks like I would go with GameQ based on your argument of Games it can support and its upkeep. That being said I need to do more research on the subject. Logically, I understand how the coding will come together, but I need to read up on the best way to go about pinging these servers. Any information you know on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

I am going to build a standalone script first, to get something working, then I will start the port over to xenforo. I haven't officially made any XF plugins, but I am sure I can overcome any task big or small.

I read all the comments about LGSL and GameQ and it looks like I would go with GameQ based on your argument of Games it can support and its upkeep. That being said I need to do more research on the subject. Logically, I understand how the coding will come together, but I need to read up on the best way to go about pinging these servers. Any information you know on the subject would be greatly appreciated.

I am going to build a standalone script first, to get something working, then I will start the port over to xenforo. I haven't officially made any XF plugins, but I am sure I can overcome any task big or small.
I'm responding to your PM, it's taking a while :P
Honestly, XFs deferred system could be of some use here to query the servers in the background, use AJAX, or just populate a DB entry from a cron task that runs every X minutes.

I'm actually really interested in this. Let me know how it goes and if you need funding. I have built a standalone script which can ping ~5k servers/minute using GameQ but not with xenforo and I'm too unfamiliar with xenforo to port.

Okay I have started on the project. I have written some basic code that will take a list of server data and place it into a user friendly list (easy stuff).

Current Goals and Objectives (in no particular order):
  • Design classes and methods for output (top site style) - In Progress
  • Design classes and methods for server input (adding to db/list)
  • Implement mySQL database
  • Integrate GameQ library files - In Progress
  • Code in server list Sorting Options
  • XF plugin coding/implementation research
  • Code css layout
  • Explore Ajax/JS options for smoother list/submission display
  • Add voting system (for ranking)
  • Add comment system per server
  • Add rating system per server
  • Add trophies
  • Add Advertisement Auctioning system
If you have any additional feature suggestions, please post them and I will see about getting them added.

Soon, after I have more coding done and something working, I will create a dedicated thread for this software.

-Andrew

Last edited:
Okay I have started on the project. I have written some basic code that will take a list of server data and place it into a user friendly list (easy stuff).

Current Goals and Objectives (in no particular order):
  • Design classes and methods for output (top site style) - In Progress
  • Design classes and methods for server input (adding to db/list)
  • Implement mySQL database
  • Integrate GameQ library files
  • Code in server list Sorting Options
  • XF plugin coding/implementation research
  • Code css layout
  • Explore Ajax/JS options for smooter list/submission display
  • Add voting system (for ranking)
  • Add comment system per server
  • Add rating system per server
  • Add trophies
  • Add Advertisement Auctioning system
If you have any additional feature suggestions, please post them and I will see about getting them added.

Soon, after I have more coding done and something working, I will create a dedicated thread for this software.

-Andrew
- Will you have customfields or like any typo of customization for server owner information? Description, social media, website, youtube video, banner, etc.?

- Embedable banner? uptime, users online, title, ip/port, etc.?
- Embedable voting? Allow external sites to embed a <script> and have their users be redirected to server vote page?

Overall, looks real promising!

- Will you have customfields or like any typo of customization for server owner information? Description, social media, website, youtube video, banner, etc.?

- Embedable banner? uptime, users online, title, ip/port, etc.?
- Embedable voting? Allow external sites to embed a <script> and have their users be redirected to server vote page?

Overall, looks real promising!

Server Entries will include:
  • Server Banner
  • Server Rating
  • Server Ranking
  • Server Name (title)
  • Server Description
    • Includes normal XF Editor (which supports video's and bbcode, etc)
  • Comment System
  • IP & Port & Online Stats
  • Voting w/ Spam Protection (w/ user permissions, example unregistered voters or usergroup specific voting)
  • Configurable Voting Times (example: 6, 12, or 24 hour intervals etc)

I like the banner idea that includes server stats, but that wont be first priority for release. For advertising your server, you can link to your server page, which will include a voting bar with Spam protection.

Top Bottom