Add-on Gallery Add On That Pulls Images From Main Forum

1) That is only the 2nd site I've come across in that genre. The vB Geek was the 1st I knew about and till today was the only one I'd seen in the community. :)

2) Make it so that the thumbnails link to the original post and let me know where to send a $ donation to so I can get a copy. :D
Would make a great bacon gallery!!!

ragtek.nail.art.galerie.webp

ragtek`s gallery:
This is the PERFECT gallery to implement XenTags ! (as all the images are in posts anyway).
I think this is *BETTER* than a user album gallery.

How does it work ?
Can you select the forums ?
Are there permissions ? (ie. will an image from a private gallery be shown ?)

Adding XenTags to this would be great !

Especially for this nails forum ... I love the member dropdown.
A nice touch might be .... for the people you follow ... you get an alert if they post a new picture of their nails !
Another neat idea might be ... in the gallery view ... in addition to the dropdown member selection ... have a Member cloud selection for all the people you follow (as those are probably the people's nails you want to see anyway). Maybe a quick link for the Top 10 most liked nails ? Maybe a Top 10 for the members with the most uploads ? When displaying a member's nails ... I might include the member's avatar / member card at the top with their name once (I see the member's name is repeated for all the images). Like this:
nail.gallery.with.less.text.and.member.card.webp

Great work ragtek.

Was this ever released?
Yeah its on his github. I donated to him to make it but i have some issues with it that prevents me from using it. Mainly it doesnt have a thumbnail gallery on forum home page and didnt like the route being called images cause i already have a folder on my site called images. I dont have time to mess with it at the moment but im sure it will work fine for u

Yeah its on his github. I donated to him to make it but i have some issues with it that prevents me from using it. Mainly it doesnt have a thumbnail gallery on forum home page and didnt like the route being called images cause i already have a folder on my site called images. I dont have time to mess with it at the moment but im sure it will work fine for u

Hi 8thos,

Where can I download this modified addons?

Jaxel has created an attachment slider module that lets you choose the size of the image, how many you want in a row, how many you want to show total. For instance, 8 in a row, 30 total on the slider. And it lets you choose which forums you want the slider to pull from. It lets you choose whether you want it to put it on the home page, forum index, in a forum or in a thread. It's awesome and has been included in the latest version of Xenporta. Check it out. http://xenforo.com/community/resources/8wayrun-com-xenporta-portal.90/

Was this ever released?
Hi 8thos, Where can I download this modified addons?
this one is very nice!
Yeah that's the kind of thing I'm thinking about.
In theory, its all there:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-show-a-post-in-a-page.306/
All someone has to do is to expand the coding to read only posts with pictures attached.
Jaxel has created an attachment slider
8thos: Are you using ragtek's attachment gallery ?

FYI: ragtek made an attachment gallery.
http://www.xfshowcase.com/threads/attachment-gallery.209/

Jaxel has created an attachment slider module that lets you choose the size of the image, how many you want in a row, how many you want to show total. For instance, 8 in a row, 30 total on the slider. And it lets you choose which forums you want the slider to pull from. It lets you choose whether you want it to put it on the home page, forum index, in a forum or in a thread. It's awesome and has been included in the latest version of Xenporta.
If you click the image does it go to the thread it's from ?

It is extremely disappointing that this never materialized into anything, especially considering that the official Media Gallery plugin cannot read attachments and has no connection to them. :( On an existing forum with tens of thousands of attachments, there is basically no solution for site admins or users.

Unfortunately my knowledge of coding XenForo plugins is not even remotely up to the task of writing the plugin I need.

Which do you like better ?

Images only ?
fitnessbloggen-no-forum-gallery-jpg.34667

smaller images with text ?

upload_2017-6-29_13-50-49.webp

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-29_13-49-25.webp
    upload_2017-6-29_13-49-25.webp
    20 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom