[OzzModz] GA-Lite (Google Analytics Lite)

[OzzModz] GA-Lite (Google Analytics Lite) 2.0.0

No permission to download

Nulumia

Nulumia submitted a new resource:

GA-Lite - Lightweight, cacheable version of the Google Analytics library

View attachment 258968

This simple addon replaces the Google Analytics library with the GA-Lite library, a small cacheable version which can help slim your page size and load by a small amount. GA Lite is open source, and supports most features of the latest official Google API. It was originally created as a means to achieve 100/100 scores in Page Speed Insights and Lighthouse.

Features:
  • Size only 8kb...

Read more about this resource...

Leaving this first post for reference for any questions.

This addon has been running on a client's site for some time now, which is a very large site with substantial traffic. We've encountered no issue running the GA-Lite script, with visible changes in analytics data mostly coinciding with known Google algorithm changes.

Chris recommended f.ex to load jQuery from local instead of externally.
Is it the same here, better performance by loading it locally?

Chris recommended f.ex to load jQuery from local instead of externally.
Is it the same here, better performance by loading it locally?
Locally means there's one less DNS request to fetch the file from another server, and is especially good if you're already pulling resources from many external domains. For example, GTMetrix often will ping for "Reduce DNS lookups" when too many things aren't stored local. If you have a very lean site though this may become miniscule.

Just found out today that since I first installed this add-on (19 May 2022) all my GA4 data dropped to zero. 😑

1662641020474.png
1662641067054.png

Been wasting the last two hours to find out what I have done around that day that might have caused this drop, until I then noticed the ga-lite script around my Analytics ID in the page source code. 🤦‍♂️

I've switched it off just now, let's hope that everything goes back to normal in a couple of days...

EDIT: I already see real-time users are logged, so GA-Lite add-on is definitely the culprit 🤬

@Nulumia please update or DELETE this resource!

Last edited:
Didn't know that, UA was already planned to be discontinued when I installed the addon.

But anyway, that's another reason to update or delete! 🤷‍♂️

@El Porcharo , this add-on is not made for GA4.

It is not fair to blame @Nulumia for this. He made this for Google Analtytics (UA).
The library he used simply does not support, and will not support, the new GA4.

Didn't know that, UA was already planned to be discontinued when I installed the addon.

But anyway, that's another reason to update or delete! 🤷‍♂️

Ozzy, just out of curiosity: is this going to support GA4 in the near future at all? :)

Top Bottom