- Compatible XF 2.x versions
This simple addon replaces the Google Analytics library with the GA-Lite library, a small cacheable version which can help slim your page size and load by a small amount. GA Lite is open source, and supports most features of the latest official Google API. It was originally created as a means to achieve 100/100 scores in Page Speed Insights and Lighthouse.
- Size only 8kb
- Open source
- Can be locally hosted
- Gets disabled on "Do not track" flag
- Page Tracking
- Event Tracking
- Social Interactions
- User Timings
- Exception Tracking
- Supports most features of latest API, with some exceptions in:
- Custom variables, custom dimensions and metrics
- Offline enabled data sync
- Supports all modern browsers with some limitation for older IE browsers
GA-Lite is enabled by default after installing the addon. You can change this and whether to serve locally or via CDN, at Admin -> Options -> Statistics & metrics.
Q: Should I use this on my site?
A: The simple answer is, if you are running Xenforo analytics "out of the box" with no customization, and standard Google Analytics console with no advanced metrics, yes you should be fine with this replacement. You will know if you're running custom Analytics as some owners of very large sites may do.