FYI Microsoft Attack this evening

You are missing my point though. Microsoft's cloud ip addresses always have the same ip binary bits so you can with those ones.
Normal ip addresses don't get range banned.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

He's been told before, he just argues that he knows better.

There's no real point to us dealing with it, I'd say any competent Administrator would or should know better.

If they want to post that they need more members, and contradict that by doing IP range banning, that's their problem.

As for Singapore/Taiwan... I'm seeing a lot of "bot" type scans originating from those locations... and use CF to block the strings used in those probes. The majority of the ones I am finding blocked actually are originating in the U.S.
Some maybe the result of increasing use of AI and crawlers to scan and train data on as well. One of my client's I temporarily moved them behind my Cloudflare Enterprise plan via Cloudflare For SAAS which allows me to extend my CF Enterprise features to domains not using Cloudflare or using lower CF plans and gain Enterprise features including extended CF Firewall/WAF analytics and TLS JA3 fingerprinting etc. And one common one coming from Singapore is for Bytedance spider using Amazon AWS cloud hosting

Cloudflare Bot Management score = 19 so more likely a bot than a human as closer to 100 score = human. I just write a Cloudflare Bot Management WAF rule to just do managed challenges when specific request patterns are more likely bots than humans based of of CF machine learning :)

1694724960627.png

Top Bottom