Fuzzy images on index page & change size?

dutchbb

Is it possible to add quality settings for the thumbnails in the media gallery, so they aren't fuzzy.

Also I'd like the option to see more thumbs per row.

If they are fuzzy, they are likely being rendered bigger than they are, so you can change the thumbnail size in Gallery Options > Image Options.

However, also, setting the number of thumbs per row will help, of course, because then they will render smaller as there will be more per row. So you may not need to adjust the thumbnail size.

The items per row controls are in Style Properties > XFMG: Responsive Design.

Thanks. I tried uploading very large pictures however auto-downsizing also changes quality and sharpness for me. Love to see a 0-100 quality setting like we currently have with other software. :)

The quality is hard coded at 100, so that may suggest other problems.

Can you reproduce the quality/sharpness problems if you upload the same image here?

Sharp on forum:

YosemitePark2_amk.webp

On media gallery:
90309-afac27220ff2772ec5905423388a5e04.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just edited your post for a better comparison where the thumbnail is rendered at its true size instead of stretched.

Seems ok to me. The code forces jpg quality of 100 so there's not much more we can do here.

I know what you both mean but really, it simply doesn't look like that for me in the gallery.

What you show here on the forum, sharp:

Schermafbeelding 2014-11-25 om 14.44.39.webp

That's actually how I'd like it to be, but it looks like this, unsharp:

Schermafbeelding 2014-11-25 om 14.46.49.webp

That's my point, I don't know how I can make it any clearer. BTW this is the case with every image uploaded, not just mine. Surprised no one else noticed.

We've already covered that in answering the first question. You either need to increase the number of items per row or increase the thumbnail size (and rebuild thumbnails after).

We could maybe do that here. Maybe 4 items per row would be better on our default style.

Oh now I see what happens, on a small or reduced screen it shows up sharp, my screen @ 27" stretches it because it' designed to fit every device including a smartphone etc. In that case a layout for each screensize would be best imo.

We've already covered that in answering the first question. You either need to increase the number of items per row or increase the thumbnail size (and rebuild thumbnails after).

We could maybe do that here. Maybe 4 items per row would be better on our default style.
This I need, I created a demo but could not find this option?

If they are fuzzy, they are likely being rendered bigger than they are, so you can change the thumbnail size in Gallery Options > Image Options.

However, also, setting the number of thumbs per row will help, of course, because then they will render smaller as there will be more per row. So you may not need to adjust the thumbnail size.

The items per row controls are in Style Properties > XFMG: Responsive Design.

Top Bottom