XF 1.5 FusionBB Import

Joshua Pettit

Has anyone here been successful with an import from FusionBB?

I have seen some say to import to Invision Power Board first, then to XenForo and I'm wondering if that's the only way.

I've already purchased the XenForo license, but figured I'd check before buying the Invision license.

I'm open to contracting with someone to import for me if someone has expertise.

:D Thought so (y)

Such a shame it became EOL , only lacked good skin designers IMHO.. Had everything needed.
Quick question though if you don't mind.

If I install it again on a server , do I still need to enter my serial key.
As I can NOT find mine anywhere due to hard drive frying where it was stored and a no access to my old email address where a copy would be.??

Regards.

I have one forum migrated over successfully & another one to go. IPB was used as an intermediate stage. Not by me I must add! I've dropped you a message.

If I install it again on a server , do I still need to enter my serial key.
As I can NOT find mine anywhere due to hard drive frying where it was stored and a no access to my old email address where a copy would be.??
Install away and enjoy! ;)
You can enter a 32 character string for your license key and you'll get past the check. It's no longer pinging anywhere to check it... or tell us someone's installed it, etc.....
If you need the latest version.... there's a download link on the www.fusionbb.com website. The forum no longer exists there, just the one page EOL message.

@Joshua Pettit , thank you for the response. I will install and have a play about again..:D

People on here are always asking for a built in CMS/Portal , Gallery & Blog , an all in one package and FusionBB had it all..
I was sad when I heard it was going EOL and in my humble opinion was only let down by there being no 3rd party skin designers.
Such a shame Joshua..

Regards & Again thank you for responding..(y)(y)(y)

Using a couple of Waindigo (now themehouse) addons with some customisation I've been able to emulate the old FusionBB gallery feature on our XF install. Being able to do that is what made me commit to XF. I never used the Portal & Blog features.

@TheBoss & @Joshua Pettit We have just migrated our 2nd & final forum over to XF from FusionBB - thanks Slavik.

The import is just being sense checked & a good XF community friend is doing the fine tuning of image paths, internal links, bbcode etc.

It will be a bit of a sad day when we re-open & the FusionBB site is mothballed.

For any fusionBB admins thinking of switching to XF - the moves haven't been totally straight forward but with help from experts here & with a selection of add-ons, free or paid, off the peg or custom, we have the functionality we needed plus loads more.

The user & staff feedback has been very positive.

Top Bottom