Funky stats for guests?

MattH

I just noticed a large number of guests on the forum, around 70... we tend to have about 30 for this, and when it 'pops' I tend to look into traffic sources to see if there is a link/tweet or something to boost it. When I looked in google analytics, I got a completely different number..

Anyone else experience this and know which might be right?

Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 4.49.22 PM.webp Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 4.49.35 PM.webp

In addition to the above, Google Analytics is showing you current visitors in real-time (ie users that have your website open and focused).

The online status in XenForo is measured differently, using a timeout (defaulting to 15 mins) from last activity. So that means you have had 70ish "guests" in a rolling 15 minute period, not all at once.

Reactions: rdn
interesting thanks. I had thought that XF tagged the bots as bots,as my normal numbers seem believable.. EG 30 guests when I have 30+ members signed in as standard, with maybe 18 bots..

And I also thought it was real time, as the reaction time to sending out a blast is pretty fast, and people drop off pretty fast when bored! Guess I should look closer at that.

Top Bottom