• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Full VB4 Suite Import

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never used subscriptions, so I know nothing about them.

Im believe Im not even understanding what you mean, as those sort of numbers seem incredibly high for what Im thinking of.

The paid subs / upgrade area seems very similar, the basic version of it is, that a user pays to be part of the club, they then get added to an additional user group which in turn (due to permissions setup in the forums / nodes) gives them access to different areas :)

But are you referring to paid subscriptions or actual members within the usergroup? Why would you have 250 different type of paid subscriptions? Usergroups and those members associated are transferred.

Impressed if you are running 250+ actual subscription payment types. Can you give an example?

Nice on the social groups Paul. Haven't tried it yet, but will give it a shot hopefully early next week... take it you have added this into the released version you have posted, or is this still private?

We'd also really need a way of importing our paid subscriptions as ours are usually around the 200-250 mark
Importing them is very hard, if not impossible. The callback data that's needed is different, let alone the URL potentially being different.. Additionally, things like user IDs won't match up. Since we can't really control PayPal, it's quite hard to handle.

I have never used subscriptions, so I know nothing about them.

Im believe Im not even understanding what you mean, as those sort of numbers seem incredibly high for what Im thinking of.

I mean I have 200-250 members who have a paid subscription (I presume Dave means the same). And if we have to re-add each user manually into the paid subscription after import it's going to be an absolute nightmare to do.

The actual subscriptions themselves are 2 minute jobs to set up, but it's the admin work as highlighted above that is a pain to have to manually transfer over. I suppose 200 wouldn't take more than an hour or so to do, but if a forum has over 100 users with a subscription then it will take them a lot longer

Importing them is very hard, if not impossible. The callback data that's needed is different, let alone the URL potentially being different.. Additionally, things like user IDs won't match up. Since we can't really control PayPal, it's quite hard to handle.

The subscription part wouldn't be as important to import as the actual members of the subscription for the reasons posted above

It's a couple of Subscriptions (only 2 with the bulk of them being in 1)

The subscription part wouldn't be as important to import as the actual members of the subscription for the reasons posted above

This.

If it just imported the subscriptions with the expiry dates that'd be enough :)

I havent uploaded it yet, but I will be doing sometime this week. The uploaded version may have the blogs import as well, if I get time.
Nice Paul... as stated mate, once you pull this off, then send me your paypal email and I will gladly donate a couple hundred to you being the person who took this on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom