Full RSS Feed for Posts

Wildcat Media

Since I can't search on "RSS" as a term here, I'm hoping someone can help me figure out if there is a way I can add the full (or even partial) text of posts to RSS feeds. I am guessing the existing RSS feed is powered by a template, so wouldn't it just be a matter of pulling in the post text from elsewhere to make it happen?

I'm trying to aggregate content from the forum into a few different sites, so this is about the only way I can think of doing it without a lot of custom coding. Basically I just want to get the RSS feeds, filter them as needed, then insert in other systems as needed. But I need the text of the posts to make it worthwhile.

Not sure if this is a good area to start asking in, and I've seen other postings about it over the past few months but never saw anything resolved. If it is just a matter of pulling in a couple more variables to make a full RSS feed, then I'll be happy to do it.

By default XenForo doesn't include the post text in the feed so I suspect you will need to start looking into the server/php files to get this functionality.

There isn't a template which controls the RSS output.

There is a library called NewsFeedHandler but I can't tell at quick glance if it is for formatting news feed generated by MY forum, or if it's for incoming RSS posted into the forum as content. If it's the former, it almost appears as though it may not be that far from working, and there is a bit of commented code in there as well.

By default XenForo doesn't include the post text in the feed so I suspect you will need to start looking into the server/php files to get this functionality.

There isn't a template which controls the RSS output.

A bimp...and a question: did someone ever create an add-on that provides the post text to an RSS feed? I swore there was one mentioned in a forum thread in the recent past, but I've been searching and reading threads for an hour and haven't found anything.

Somewhat related, but I wish the thread prefix were included with the title. That would be a great way to filter RSS feeds from XF: if I wanted only certain types of threads to be syndicated in, say, a WordPress widget, I could setup a filter in that widget to only display those items that matched on the thread prefix.

Top Bottom