Full body scanner @ Airports

As for the kid(s) being patted down, that is also false. NO KID who looks to be under a certain age (think almost teen) will NOT be patted down. If you have seen videos that look to be otherwise, you are not seeing the entire process. A couple of the videos circulating are of parents who thought their kid needed to be patted down and started to take their kids clothes off. These parents were purposely doing this to try and get a reaction from the public, via the media which, of course, they did.

Please provide your source in posting such a claim.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You say all that, and then I see people with private jets take off without going through scanners or pat downs.

I guess terrorists are too poor to fly private jets between airfields, or into towers.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/business/sfl-airport-scans-pat-downs-refual-20101121,0,5604032.story

And yeah, we must be ignorant and not know what's going on.

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/11/20/tsa-security-groping.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed: boingboing/iBag (Boing Boing)

Another urine terrorist caught! Good job tsa.

And besides the above being news articles, my scanners=secure? worries come from here:

http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/hhe/reports/pdfs/2003-0206-3067.pdf

npr
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=126833083

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/lifestyle/travel/flight-attendants-union-upset-over-new-pat-down-procedures

Breast milk is in the same category as medications. Just as the woman in the video did her investigation, it seems she skipped the part where those medications will be X-Rayed. She may ask for them to be screened without going through the X-Ray, but if the TSO cannot clear the item, they must be X-Rayed. Some aspects of the video are off from what the commentator is trying to push on you -

• Is the woman a selectee? While the selectee program is no longer in use, it was at the time of this video. If she is a selectee, she automatically goes to additional screening. Since the walk through metal detector (WTMD) did not alarm, I am assuming she is a selectee.
  • What you do not see from the video (more missing footage) is the TSO who was asked to screen her breast milk without the use of the X-Ray. Somehow it jumps straight to her items coming out of the X-Ray.
  • Notice she does not have her breast milk separated from her bag. If she did all of this investigation, she would have known to have the milk out, separated into its own bag, and placed in its own bin (or handed to the TSO for additional screening)
  • The woman proceeded to touch her items, even when asked NOT TO TOUCH YOUR ITEMS! This is for your protection, not some lame ass rule to make your life harder.
  • After two TSO's asked her to step away from her property, she continued to grab her items and become hostile with the TSO's.
  • The "wait" time is not from TSA, it is from the LEO that is on call for that terminal. If the LEO was on another call, you must wait.
  • Since the audio is also missing for some reason, we cannot hear what the manager is saying to her. I would assume he is letting her know the policies. Since the items were not taken out of her bag, the TSO probably could not clear the bag. If the bag cannot be cleared it must be ran through the X-Ray or you dont fly. Again, this is for YOUR protection.
  • While i do not wish to belittle the woman in the video, it is pretty obvious (from both the tone, previous attempts, and body language) that she put on this show only to request the "tapes" and parade them around for everyone soak in and believe. Again, there are two sides to every story.

Every airport, even municipal airports, have the option of using TSA or going private. TSA and Private security still screen EVERY passenger that is flying. This includes people flying on private aircraft.

You are only as secure as the human working the machines. Humans make mistakes, yes Floris, even you, and sometimes they miss stuff. New technology lessens the chances of mistakes being made and preventing a possible attack.

While I know most of what I said will have no sway on you, I still decided to share this information with you, and everyone else, to show both sides of the story. TSA is not the bad guy. If we lived in a perfect world, we wouldn't need TSA. Since we do not, TSA is out best option for now. I challenge everyone flying out through a TSA ran airport, to come back here and say that TSA harmed you in any way. If you act normal and don't be a dumbass, you will have absolutely no issues flying.

*Sorry for any grammatical or spelling errors. I am in a hurry so I did not proof read.

TSA does not post the age requirement, as that is SSI, but here is further information for you as well as here.

If you go to the bottom if this page, you will also see the rules for milk ( and more items) with regards to being X-Rayed.

Thanks but not one of the above links provided proof of such a claim as:

"If you have seen videos that look to be otherwise, you are not seeing the entire process. A couple of the videos circulating are of parents who thought their kid needed to be patted down and started to take their kids clothes off. These parents were purposely doing this to try and get a reaction from the public"

"If you have seen videos that look to be otherwise, you are not seeing the entire process. A couple of the videos circulating are of parents who thought their kid needed to be patted down and started to take their kids clothes off. These parents were purposely doing this to try and get a reaction from the public"

I gave you the links for the procedures and the qualifications. This, "...These parents were purposely doing this to try and get a reaction from the public..." is an opinion and not a fact. Which, of course, you knew...

That's because when people ask the TSA for the security tapes they get them with restrictions of usage, or without many minutes of data .. :rolleyes:

I gave you the links for the procedures and the qualifications. This, "...These parents were purposely doing this to try and get a reaction from the public..." is an opinion and not a fact. Which, of course, you knew...
The problem isn't if it is fact or fiction or if your opinion or mine matters, but that it comes to a point where the father simply wants to draw attention because he feels the situation of these screenings of kids is getting out of hand, or because he just wants to get this kid screened so he can simple travel with familiy from A to B and get it over with.

That it even has to come to a point where parents undress their kids to get through screening because the kid feels weird that a stranger touches them or that they go through radiation rape is the point, not what our opinion about it is.

I think we can all agree that it is silly people have to undergo this all as a "precaution" to keep the public safe.

What's next, we're all gonna wear a yellow star if we're outside, so we know who's possible terrorist and who's not after a scree - oh wait - already done.

Floris, +1 you're pretty much summed up what I had to say.

The only thing I'll add is regardless if the parents are instructed or not to remove clothes from their children - to see the pat downs these kids are receiving is ridiculous and that's the major issue of these videos. Not that little johnny doesn't have a shirt on.

The video's show everything clearly - the TSA security measures are getting out of hand.

well if they come to the UK, time to take the trains more, if they are used in train stations time to stay in the uk, thats making us look like a terrorist, :l Some protection that is i bet it be perverts who be the Investigators who feel us up :l
There is no way on earth am i going though one of them. Not after them videos.

Completely puts me off going to the USA for a holiday... being felt up by some 300lb Bubba without even a couple dozen cocktails first isn't my idea of a good time :|

Top Bottom