[FS] Events [Paid] [Deleted]

Jeremy

in memoriam 1991-2020
Jeremy submitted a new resource:

[FS] Events - Something Eventful this way comes...

Events is a full featured calendar and event system for XenForo.

As a beta, several of the features are still being flushed out, but the final product will have the following:
  • Add, Edit, Remove Events
  • Month, Week, Day views for the calendar
  • Auto-create thread option
  • Google maps integration
  • Deep XenForo integration including: likes, alerts (new event, invited to event, invite responses, etc.), warnings, etc.
  • Attachments / Mini-gallery
  • Event administrators

Read more about this resource...

Fixed that. Was a (somewhat embarrassing) mistake in the license validation add-on. Needed to check the https version and not the http. :) You should be able to verify yourself now.

@Jeremy, many thanks for investing time to create this addon! Highly appreciated :) I am very eager to leave the unsupported [8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events). I've bought the product and will try to give thorough feedback.

It seems your plugin is awfully conflicting with XenAtendo. Both plugins don't work together. It looks like both plugins want to claim the URL domainname/events.

If this is the case, please add a note in your product description page for other users

Deactivating one or the other event plugin does not fix it. Removing your addon does not fix it either. The URL gives as error 'page cannot be found'.
Hint for other XenAtendo users: Reloading addon-EWRatendo.xml fixed this issue.

I would really like to test this plugin before moving from XenAtendo to your plugin. The current functionality is unfortunately not as complete as XenAtendo.

When installing this addon I got the following errors. I'm not sure if this has something to do with XenAtendo. I run on the latest version of Xenforo.

Code:
Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table 'mcnl_forum.xf_fs_event' doesn't exist - library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Generated By: Axel, 2 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mainecoon.nl/public/forum/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare('\n\t\t\tSELECT even...')
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mainecoon.nl/public/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(381): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), '\n\t\t\tSELECT even...')
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mainecoon.nl/public/forum/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(478): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare('\n\t\t\tSELECT even...')
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mainecoon.nl/public/forum/library/XenForo/Model.php(219): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('\n\t\t\tSELECT even...', Array, 2)
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mainecoon.nl/public/forum/library/FS/Events/Model/Event.php(133): XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed('\n\t\t\tSELECT even...', 'event_id')
#5 /home/nginx/domains/mainecoon.nl/public/forum/library/FS/Events/ControllerPublic/Events.php(23): FS_Events_Model_Event->getFeaturedEvents(Array)
#6 /home/nginx/domains/mainecoon.nl/public/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): FS_Events_ControllerPublic_Events->actionIndex()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/mainecoon.nl/public/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#8 /home/nginx/domains/mainecoon.nl/public/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#9 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(33) "http://mainecoon.nl/forum/events/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/forum/events/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}
Code:
Server Error

Mysqli prepare error: Table 'mcnl_forum.xf_fs_event' doesn't exist

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model.php at line 219
XenForo_Model->fetchAllKeyed() in FS/Events/Model/Event.php at line 133
FS_Events_Model_Event->getFeaturedEvents() in FS/Events/ControllerPublic/Events.php at line 23
FS_Events_ControllerPublic_Events->actionIndex() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/mainecoon.nl/public/forum/index.php at line 13

Hopefully this can be catered for :)

Unfortunately I cannot test any further. My feedback on functionality based on product description and what I've seen:
  1. Is it possible to add an import function for the [8wayRun.Com] XenAtendo (Events) plugin? I think a lot of users of this plugin would eternally worship you if you could ;)
  2. Only being able to select one forum to create Threads is unfortunately not working out for my forum. We create events for multiple forums. Using the ACP selected forum as default would be ace with an option to change the default forum in an event. Hopefully this can be encompassed an a future release.
  3. If you encompass RSVP, can you please make it optional? Most likely we will never used it and extra buttons confuses my members (mostly female of various ages).
  4. Can you add support for [bd] Widget Framework? Not sure if it is already there, because I couldn't test any further.
  5. Can you make the use of the Google Maps optional per event? Not sure if it is already there. Rationale: I would like to add forum events and national holidays too.
  6. Very nice to have: import national holidays from somewhere? Not sure if there are possibilities for that. I know the Google Agenda has it, perhaps this can be extracted.
  7. Is it possible to add birthdays of members? It would be awesome if you can filter out inactive users in the ACP (i.e. not active for X months or something).
  8. Very nice to have: add a calendar event to an existing event. With XenAtendo I had to do this via the database, because I could combine an event with a thread with a poll.
Eagerly awaiting the next release :)

The error has been fixed. SQL was hating me.
  1. Importers aren't on my current list, but aren't necessarily off the table.
  2. Please create a suggestion on my site. You also have the ability to associate a thread to an event from any forum.
  3. This will be permission based, as with the rest of the system.
  4. I do not plan to support any widget framework.
  5. If you do not specify a location, Google maps won't show. If you specify a location, it will show. Please make a suggestion for any other desired functionality.
  6. I have holidays eventually on my to-do list, but please make a formal suggestion. :)
  7. Again, on the eventual to-do list, but please make a formal suggestion.
  8. I'm not sure what you are requesting here? But you can associate a thread with an event (as long as there isn't already one associated with the event or the thread isn't associated with another event). If that doesn't work, please make a suggestion.

@Jeremy, thanks for your fast replies. I will put the requests on your forum.

Can I now safely install it next to XenAtendo? Or do I have to choose? I don't have the luxery of a test site and my current event list is huge :(
  1. Not sure how much time you need for this and what the costs are, but I am willing to pay for it. Hopefully some other XenAtendo users are willing too ;)
  2. Associate a thread from any forum to an event is awesome and more than enough for me :)
  3. Excellent stuff!
  4. /cry If I pay for the work? Hopefully some other XenAtendo users are also willing :)
  5. Awesome!
  6. Will do :)
  7. Will do :)
  8. Already covered by 2. In XenAtendo you can enter text but do not have all functionality like when you're creating a thread (no poll). Being able to link an existing thread to an event in your addon covers this ;)
Cheers!

Right now, there isn't the ability to install alongside since they both require the events route.

Top Bottom