Fixed Froala editor is effectively non-functional for rich text in Android.

Vekseid

Affected version
XF 2.2
I have verified this on some of Froala's own demo sites, so this is a Froala issue directly, but figured I would report it here.

Users report one of two issues:
1) The buttons instantly disable themselves on being enabled. This happens most often in Firefox.
2) Turning off a button will reset all typed text, clearing formatting. Sometimes it deletes it.

2) Turning off a button will reset all typed text, clearing formatting. Sometimes it deletes it.
This is the worst.

You make a word italic, press the button to go back to regular font and it undoes the formatting.

To actually make one word in italic now on Android the workaround is to go toggle BBcode, write the next word after the [/i], then toggle again.

To actually make one word in italic now on Android the workaround is to go toggle BBcode, write the next word after the [/i], then toggle again.
Easier workaround (al least for me, does work in Chrome):
While having italic active click bold, italic, bold - this turns off both italic and bold so you can continue to write normal.

Yes, I had been meaning to check. I noticed a few of the resolved issues seemed relevant.

Can anyone else confirm?

Yes, I had been meaning to check. I noticed a few of the resolved issues seemed relevant.

Can anyone else confirm?
Probably not related to Froala4 but I am here now with my LG Stylo default browser and everything is working fine now. Where I'd had to stop using it before.

Yeah there's been a few other JavaScript fixes in order to address compatibility issues with older browsers.

Clock is ticking though! At some point in the future there may be a time when most JavaScript is simply disabled for older browsers.

Top Bottom