XF 1.1 FriendlyUrls adding an extra /board_path/

gwinans

Howdy.

I've got my Xenforo board setup and didn't run into this last time - now it has become an issue.

When I attempt to enable FriendlyURLs, it changes the links a such:

Pre-Friendly URLs:

http://domain.tld/forums/index.php?forums/boardname/

Enable Friendly URLs

http://domain.tld/forums/forums/boardname/

I've been up and down every single config option in XenForo. I cannot figure out where it's getting thi s extra directory from.

What basic, retarded thing am I missing, folks?

Judging by the two example links you have posted, there is a double forums in both.

All the FURLs option does is remove the index.php?, which it has done according to you.

Judging by the two example links you have posted, there is a double forums in both.

All the FURLs option does is remove the index.php?, which it has done according to you.

That's the problem. I can't figure out where that extra /forums/ is coming from. The raw path to the forum is domain.tld/forums/

I have XenHabla installed, but not XenPorta. First thing I looked for since I used to use XenPorta before retiring the old site and bringing up the new domain.

Only mods installed are XenHabla and DBTech UsersViewingThread. Neither of which have an impact when disabled.

Not sure what you mean by your first question.

Yes, the forum resides in /forums/ (but not /forums/forums/).

I use Nginx; here's the rule that I used on the old site (only difference being that Xen used to be at the root of the domain):

Code:
        if (!-e $request_filename) {
            rewrite ^.*$ /index.php last;
        }
        location /forums/ {
            index  index.php index.html index.htm;
            try_files  $uri $uri/ /forums/index.php?$uri&$args;
        }
        location ~ ^/forums/(internal_data|library)/(.*)$ {
            internal;
        }

The URLs generated by XenForo are coming out with /forums/forums/ForumNameHere/, so it seems XenForo itself believes there should be an extra /forums/ tacked on there. You can see it in the non-friendly urls as well.. index.php?forums/forumname

Everything you've shown is expected. Look at the URLs here - you'll see "forums" at the same place. We have XF installed in /community. It's just how XF works -- it needs to identify the type of content that you're looking at.

Everything you've shown is expected. Look at the URLs here - you'll see "forums" at the same place. We have XF installed in /community. It's just how XF works -- it needs to identify the type of content that you're looking at.

I see that now.. Will have to mess about and see if I can find a way around it. WP and XF are fighting over the rewrite rules since /orums/forums doesn't exist, WP's rewrite rule takes over and throws a 404.

And /forums/forums just looks silly.

Top Bottom