Friend Inviter [Paid] [Deleted]

Will A Force Registration Through Friend Inviter type of feature ever be added?

For example: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/xencentral-invitation-paid-registration-system.2332/

Sadly for us, nothing will prolly be added until after AV Forums is launched. It's great Chris got a great job, but it sucks for us at the same time promised features on several add-ons like referals for this and user albums for media gallery have now been delayed a lot longer then we expected.

I have never promised referrals in this add-on, actually.

User Albums has continued to be developed, I just haven't given any further updates.

It's all been delayed a lot longer than I was expecting too, by the way. I'm more unhappy about it than anyone.

User Albums has continued to be developed, I just haven't given any further updates.

It's all been delayed a lot longer than I was expecting too, by the way. I'm more unhappy about it than anyone.

Oh sorry, I thought someone in this thread said you had. Personally I'm not "unhappy" as all your mods work great, just a bummer on the delays, but like I said, it's great you scored such a big project.

I know you haven't promised it, just asking. It would be a feature I'd pay for since I'm already using this addon and the other one that was recently released is on some other ish.

Getting the following error on Friend Inviter for facebook

Server Error
Undefined index: name

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in FriendInviter/Helper/Facebook.php at line 88
  2. FriendInviter_Helper_Facebook::getAccessToken() in FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php at line 476
  3. FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionFacebookCallback() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  4. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  5. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/sites/a/arsenaltalk.net/public_html/index.php at line 13
It had been working fine...

Hmm, works fine for me on your site.

I recommend clicking "Unlink" underneath the Facebook icon on the Friend Inviter index and then clicking to log in again.

That should re-establish any expired tokens. There is a bit of logic in there to handle expired tokens, but maybe that's not working quite as expected.

(It's supposed to detect the token is expired, then refer you back to the authorisation page in the background to obtain a new token).

hmmm it is now working - maybe it was something to do with tokens... logging out and in seemed to work.

Thanks very much for going to the effort of using my site to test it(y)

Hi!

I got this error when trying to invite via Google:

Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Exception: Unable to Connect to ssl://www.google.com:443. Error #110: Connection timed out - library/Zend/Http/Client/Adapter/Socket.php:235
Generated By: test, pred 3 minutami
Stack Trace
#0 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/Zend/Http/Client.php(973): Zend_Http_Client_Adapter_Socket->connect('www.google.com', 443, true)
#1 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/FriendInviter/Helper/Google.php(73): Zend_Http_Client->request('GET')
#2 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php(188): FriendInviter_Helper_Google::getGoogleContacts('ya29.AHES6ZRD5E...')
#3 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionGoogle()
#4 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#5 /home/.../public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#6 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(50) "http://mysite.com/friend-inviter/google"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

And this error via Yahoo:

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined index: contact - library/FriendInviter/Helper/Yahoo.php:237
Generated By: test, trenutek nazaj
Stack Trace
#0 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/FriendInviter/Helper/Yahoo.php(237): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined index...', '/home/.../p...', 237, Array)
#1 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php(387): FriendInviter_Helper_Yahoo::parseYahooContacts(Array)
#2 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionYahoo()
#3 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#4 /home/.../public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#5 {main}

And this error via Facebook:

Server Error Log

Error Info
ErrorException: Undefined variable: initials - library/FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php:577
Generated By: test, trenutek nazaj
Stack Trace
#0 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/FriendInviter/ControllerPublic/FriendInviter.php(577): XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(8, 'Undefined varia...', '/home/.../p...', 577, Array)
#1 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(337): FriendInviter_ControllerPublic_FriendInviter->actionFacebook()
#2 /home/.../public_html/forum/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#3 /home/.../public_html/forum/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#4 {main}

I'm using latest XF 1.2.1. Need help, please.

Last edited:
Not sure what's happening with the Google one. Google is working fine on my site. The error suggests something that your host is blocking.

I have just registered on your site (Got URL from your PayPal e-mail address) and Facebook, Twitter and Yahoo are all working for me.

For the services to work properly you will need to ensure you actually have users in your Yahoo and Facebook contacts.

Hm, I'll try to ask my host what's with the Google thing...

Ok, will try FB and Yahoo with contacts, because I try it with a test account with no friends.

Ok, Yahoo is working well if I have contacts. I guess FB and TW, too. Haven't tryed it yet.

Another thing: I can't find where to translate word 'ALL' (you can see it when inviting frineds via FB, TW...)?

Second thing: when I connect to Google in Friend Inviter doesn't show my Google name, but it says: You are signed in as A Google user

Last edited:
Well, my host says all ports are open and nothing is blocking. Google is still not working and shows the same error.

Ok, last information from my host.

I created a test account for my host to check it out. Firewall is not blocking anything. Confirmed!

He thinks it's a problem with ssl handshake, but not sure since he's not a developer of this add-on.

@Chris Deeming , I really need help or further instructions on this, please.

I'll have to refer you back to your host I'm afraid.

The add on just uses curl to make a standard https request to the address referenced in the error.

Something is going wrong between your server and Google. It's not something an add on developer can fix.

I'll have to refer you back to your host I'm afraid.

The add on just uses curl to make a standard https request to the address referenced in the error.

Something is going wrong between your server and Google. It's not something an add on developer can fix.
Ok, my host says that the system is compiled with CURLSSL.

Now I really don't know what else to do. I guess you and my host are on different side of river :)

I think I will have to turn of the Google option. No solution for me...

Ok, now suddenly everything works. Thank you for your support and sorry for all that.

Just one more thing: where can I translate word 'ALL' in friend inviter when viewing the list of friends to invite?

Ok, now suddenly everything works. Thank you for your support and sorry for all that.

Just one more thing: where can I translate word 'ALL' in friend inviter when viewing the list of friends to invite?
Sorry... I was lazy.

Find this template:

friend_inviter_alphabet

Change this line:
Rich (BB code):
<li class="letter"><a href="#" class="ALL currentPage">ALL</a></li>

Replace the ALL in red with your desired word.

I will phrase it in the next version.

How hard would it be to add a trophy criteria to this addon? For instance, user uses invite system, blooyaoo trophy!

Top Bottom