Lack of interest Frictionless soft delete

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Chromaniac

Just putting it out there. Have been wishing for a faster soft delete experience on XenForo ever since I migrated to it few years ago.
Basically looking for an alternative way of handling delete. One click soft deletes the post without refreshing the page (AJAX or whatever tech is used for that).
Since it is a soft delete... Any accidental deletions can easily be reverted back with a recover option that is also present on current system.

I understand that this might not interest many folks here. So just putting it out there for consideration.

I kind of seek this functionality because a lot of media embeds (youtube videos are disabled/deleted or tweets are deleted) just stop working after a while so the posts containing them need to be cleared frequently on my board. right now deleting multiple posts in a thread requires a lot of effort. My forum is also around 15 years old with multiple platform migrations so I tend to find out a lot of posts which are completely messed up or blank or basically containing dead links or dead embeds.

cheers.

(on related note... i am not sure if the behavior is different in latest builds... would it be possible for thread pages to not reload when new tags are added to the thread? a lot of edits to threads and posts are already tackled without a full refresh of the webpage. i might be wrong here but xf1.x did not reload thread pages on new tags addition?)

Upvote 2
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I kind of seek this functionality because a lot of media embeds (youtube videos are disabled/deleted or tweets are deleted) just stop working after a while so the posts containing them need to be cleared frequently on my board. right now deleting multiple posts in a thread requires a lot of effort.

Deleting multiple posts in a thread essentially requires you to tick a checkbox on each, then perform a single modal action, if you make use of inline moderation tools.

Tbh. I am not saying that it’s hard. I am just seeking a similar system to how we like a post. Does not take more than a click. Efficient and fast.

In fact, I would be more than happy if it can delete the post without reloading the page which it does right now (unless the behaviour has changed in recent builds or 2.1.x).

I mean just look at an example where I might need to delete multiple posts spread across three pages of a thread. I am on page 1. I select two posts. I go to second page. I select two more posts. I go to third party and I find there are no posts there to be deleted. Now I have to press the checkbox above the first post to make the mod bar visible. Then I select the delete option in the dropdown. Then I press Go button. And then I select soft or hard delete and then I press enter.

If there was an ajax based single click delete button… I can just delete posts with one click without refreshing the page and quickly clean up the thread as I go through the pages of the thread!

This is just something that comes to my mind when I look at the like button functionality. Or I have to delete tens of posts spread across 20 pages or so in a long thread containing dead youtube embeds.

I understand that this might not have a wide appeal but I just wanted to bring this idea to the community!

PS: I do not remember at the moment if XenForo treat soft delete posts as hard delete and would bring 11th post to the page 1 (if there are ten posts per page and one of the post on page 1 is soft deleted). A soft delete feature without refresh might cause confusion if it does as post positions would change and the mod/admin would not realize it as the page was never refreshed.

Top Bottom