Freshwater Aquarium Forums

nrep

I've recently upgraded the design on www.FreshwaterForums.com and would love to get some feedback on what I can do to improve the look of the site and if there is anything that I can add to it to improve it?

I'm considering getting the RM or perhaps XFShowcase addon so that users can show off their own tanks (and list fish, photos, etc...). In time, we'll also try to get Blueimp Ajax chat integrated too.

Would love to get some feedback on this - both positive and negative! :)

Who designed your node icons, I really like them. Are they custom or stock images (the 1st one for introductions looks familiar ;) )?

Who designed your node icons, I really like them. Are they custom or stock images (the 1st one for introductions looks familiar ;) )?

They're just free stock images from the net - I can't actually remember where they were from now as I got them so long ago, but I'm pretty sure it would have been from an stock image icon search engine (there are quite a few about IIRC). :)

That's an excellent forum design, well done.

I like the overall theme because it's clearly fish related without being over the top. The different forum node icons really set off the front page.

In your threads I like the way each post is contained in its own box (rather than having the standard divider line between each one), it looks great and I have written that down as a possible idea to flagrantly steal ;)

Plus, I note you have a call to action at the end of each thread, that's such a simple but effective place to put it, really draws people in a friendly way into considering registering.

The only thing I would do (applies to any forum) is a quick template edit to remove the breadcrumb from the main forum page, it's kind of redundant there anyway and you'd get straight into your main heading and node list. I think front pages look so much cleaner without that breadcrumb.

Good work :)

The only thing I would do (applies to any forum) is a quick template edit to remove the breadcrumb from the main forum page, it's kind of redundant there anyway and you'd get straight into your main heading and node list. I think front pages look so much cleaner without that breadcrumb.

Thanks! That's a very good point indeed - I'll add that to my to-do list and get a TMS bit coded to remove it :).

Very nice. Exceptional work with the header (logo). I'm really liking the design of this and you've done a great job with that.

This is a site with minimum changes to the xenforo default theme and yet effectively different from it too. Good job!

Top Bottom