XF 1.2 Fresh Install - Verified Correctly - 403 Forbidden Error

majesty95

Hi guys,

I am brand new to XenForo. I used the software on a site I frequent and decided I want it for my new site as well. So, I bought it, downloaded it and installed it. Everything went smoothly and verified correctly. However, now I am getting a 403 Forbidden error.

I contacted my host and they said the issue is in the .htaccess file. They said that if I renamed it so that it wasn't read it would clear up the issue. I'm a novice to web developing so I'm not sure what to do. I know there are probably things in the .htacess that need to be there, but looking at it, it also appears there are plenty that probably do not need to be.

Here is a list of what is showing in my .htaccess. I didn't add much, if any, of the stuff in there so I'm confused. :(

Additional info:

I have two sites running on the server. mydomain.com is the "primary" and my new site "my2nddomain.com" is secondary. I have XenForo installed in a subdirectory of my2nddomain.com. When I installed, I used community.my2nddomain.com/install and everything went smoothly. However, when I go to community.my2nddomain.com now I get the 403 Forbidden error.

As an aside, I installed word press (to use for a static home page) and when I go to my2nddomain.com/wp-admin I get my2nddomain.com/not-found. I would be fine using a XenFor add on for my home page if that would help.

Its all terribly confusing to me. :oops:

Any help would be appreciated!

Top Bottom