XF 1.4 Fresh Install, blank page

Foxtrek_64

Good morning all.

So, interesting error here, not sure what is causing it. I've done a fresh install of Xenforo, which can be located here: http://luztemp.comoj.com/index.php. When the install finished (reported success), it offered a link to take me to the admin cp. I clicked it and then went to work, but when I came back I found it sitting at a white screen. I'd assumed Chrome had just unloaded the page from memory because it was inactive, so I cleared off admin.php from the end and had the forum auto-redirect me to the home page (index.php).

To reiterate, I have made no modifications to the install with the exception of following the advice in one thread that said to add "ini_set('display_errors', true);" to the config.php located in the library folder. After setting that value to true, there is no distinct visual difference on the home or admin pages.

Any help I can get on this topic would be appreciated. I'm trying to get this development server running the way I want it to so I can have a bit of practice working with Xenforo by the time I push my production server. Of course, to abide by the license agreement, this is my only install of Xenforo as it is running in a production environment (even though I consider it to be a dev server.)

Thanks all!

Edit: After reinstalling (deleted the install-lock file and rebuilt the database), the home page (index.php) now works. Admin.php still resolves to a blank page.

Last edited:
Free webhosting is notorious for issues. This is likely to be related to your problems, either from a strict processor limit side of things or because of the page output manipulation they do.

I'm seeing what appears to be inconsistent behavior (from blank to now showing an upgrade message). Are you changing things?

Yes- after I posted this thread, I went ahead and tried rebuilding the forum (I think this is strike 3 now). I had index.html working for a bit, but admin was still a no. But now it's back to neither index.php nor admin.php working.

I'm thinking I'll stop messing with it for now, to assist with the troubleshooting process.

On another note, I would be hosting this on my inside network on a dev box I built specifically for this purpose, but the flash drive containing the VMWare runtime was destroyed, so now I have a brick until I can get that replaced. The free hosting was designed to be a temporary replacement until that time.

You could try adding this to your config.php:
Code:
$config['rebuildMaxExecution'] = 5;
Otherwise, it does appear that your host is forcably stopping PHP, which isn't allowing any clean up from us, thus causing issues with the rebuilds completing.

You could try adding this to your config.php:
Code:
$config['rebuildMaxExecution'] = 5;
Otherwise, it does appear that your host is forcably stopping PHP, which isn't allowing any clean up from us, thus causing issues with the rebuilds completing.
With this configuration, I was able to get index.php working. However, admin.php is still resolving to a white screen. Fortunately, my VMWare host is operational again so I can move over to internal hosting in an environment controlled by me.

Top Bottom