XF 1.4 Frequent bots..

TDUBS

Hello,

I know this is going to be a normal things with forums but I was hoping with 1.4 that they'd at least be nearly eliminated. Unfortunately, I receive at least 3-4 every day and I'm using AreYouHuman verification as well. Is there anything I can do about this?

Screenshot_23-38-29.png

Thanks

1.4 with AreYouAHuman and you are still getting hit? Wow. I get hit slightly more on 1.4 than we did with 1.3 with FBHP. But we ran AreYouAHuman on VB and that did a pretty good job on its own. Really surprised. Do you have tapatalk and allow registration through it or anything else like that?

1.4 with AreYouAHuman and you are still getting hit? Wow. I get hit slightly more on 1.4 than we did with 1.3 with FBHP. But we ran AreYouAHuman on VB and that did a pretty good job on its own. Really surprised. Do you have tapatalk and allow registration through it or anything else like that?

I noticed we'd rarely get even get 1 with KeyCAPTCHA.. Unfortunately they do not support CAPTCHA on password resets along with AreYouHuman. But I prefer it over KeyCAPTCHA because I'd assume matching the proper moving image with the right sequence would be more complicated for bots rather than a simple 3 step puzzle, guess not. But no, I don't have Tapatalk. I use Facebook, Twitter, and Steam integration however.

There's a very good chance these are actually human-backed, though it doesn't necessarily look like it from the content. That fits the form of the spam we get here and when I do log analysis, it certainly fits with humans (including referrers to sites that help them open many URLs, returning to the profile of a previous registration, etc).

There's a very good chance these are actually human-backed, though it doesn't necessarily look like it from the content. That fits the form of the spam we get here and when I do log analysis, it certainly fits with humans (including referrers to sites that help them open many URLs, returning to the profile of a previous registration, etc).

I know there are methods of bots that can be spread based upon you clicking a link. Eg; I've seen someone post a link with a thumbnail that looks like a video with the play icon on it on Facebook, as soon as you click it - it'll open to whatever page it's linked to and then you start noting your account going around commenting on peoples status' advertising whatever you clicked on and whatnot until you change your password. Could this be what's going on?

Top Bottom