1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Free sprite sheet maker for Windows?

Discussion in 'Resource Requests [Archive]' started by CyclingTribe, Nov 1, 2011.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I've managed to find a new smiley pack with 200+ smilies and I don't fancy adding them to a sheet manually.

Does anyone know of a free Windows application that I can drop the smiley files on to and have it make a sheet for me?

Cheers,
    Shaun :D

iTuN3r likes this.
  2. CyclingTribe

Attached Files:

Adam Howard, Learner, iTuN3r and 3 others like this.
  3. CyclingTribe

Smiley pack included in case it is of any use to anyone else. (y)

Adam Howard likes this.
  4. CyclingTribe

I've also found that if I have Fireworks open whilst adding smilies, I can select it in the sprite sheet in FF and the selection coordinates roughly correspond to the sprite sheet location for the smiley - within a few pixels.

Might make it easier to manage if you're adding a large number of smilies ... (y)

5. CyclingTribe

Oh, and I quite like the fact that you can trim the borders of the smiley when adding them from the sprite sheet - take off extra whitespace. (y)

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

cooool

GeeksChat likes this.
  7. iTuN3r

iTuN3r Well-Known Member

Nice information i am getting ready to update my board and this sprite thing is whole new for me was just wondering where to start from lol .

8. CyclingTribe

I started doing it in Photoshop, one by one, and then thought ... there must be a quicker and easier way to do this?

It's a cracking little app - and great value considering it costs nothing!! (y)

Learner and iTuN3r like this.