[FreddysHouse] Member Page Protection

[FreddysHouse] Member Page Protection 1.1.1

No permission to download

SheepCow

SheepCow submitted a new resource:

[FreddysHouse] Member Page Protection - Provides more granular controls over the member list.

This add-on provides additional granularity over which parts of the members list (including the currently online visitors and recent activity pages) are available to your community.

The add-on gives you extra permissions that can be given/revoked by user or user group - e.g. to deny new members access to the member list.

Read more about this resource...

Looking good, but it would be better so see this function in this add-on too. It just fits here!

Yeah I know, that's why I said not as granular ... and I do agree that it would be nice to have it here, but it works and until something better comes along ...

Well, I'm already using this add-on that is blocking everything for guests only: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/hide-members-list-from-guests.1528/

But it is unsupported and not so flexible as this one.

I use that one too, may possibly move over to this one, however it does what it says on the box so atm don't see the need meself :).

I use that one too, may possibly move over to this one, however it does what it says on the box so atm don't see the need meself :).
Yes, it does what is says, but if that feature with member cards comes here, I'll install this one.

There seems to be a bug: If I enable the member cards, and not the member tab (memberlist), it still shows the memberlist (membertab). If I disable the member card for that usergroup, the memberlist is hidden again.

There seems to be a bug: If I enable the member cards, and not the member tab (memberlist), it still shows the memberlist (membertab). If I disable the member card for that usergroup, the memberlist is hidden again.

I'll give it a go, just had a quick look though and the member card permission isn't used at all in the code that shows/hides parts of the "Members" tab. The entire tab is only removed if the following are set to false (because the menu would be empty):
  • viewMemberList
  • viewNotableMembers
  • viewOnline
  • viewRecentActivity

I have my permissions set to regular members not allowed to view member profiles and member list. Today, a new member told me (regular member) that he can view members' profiles if he right clicks on the member name.

Seems like this may be a bug?

My URL: http://goo.gl/KJjMHt

I have my permissions set to regular members not allowed to view member profiles and member list. Today, a new member told me (regular member) that he can view members' profiles if he right clicks on the member name.

Sounds like you have "View user profiles" (part of XenForo) set to Yes. Are you using XenForo 1.3 yet? If you are you can use the Analyze [sic] Permissions feature in the admin control panel to see what the permissions for a specific user are, e.g.:

analyse_permissions.webp

Top Bottom