FoxProToCSharp.com

Joe Kuhn

The main purpose of my forum is to provide an index of keywords in the obsolete programming language FoxPro along with their replacements in C#. I'm doing this kind of work myself, at work, and was thinking the other day, "What did I use for SYS(2015)?" So I decided to help myself and others with a forum. New folks doing this kind of translation work have a ton of questions like this when they start up. I know this first hand. I'm hoping they will use my site as a place to answer their questions and add solutions they find on their own.

So it's a resource for others having to do the same work, as well as a resource for myself.

I'm currently adding content and will promote it after I feel I have sufficient threads.

1582983111390.png

The text logo you see above, "FoxPro.To(C#)", is good enough, thanks to the fine help from the good people here, and I intend to keep add-ons to a minimum. Did upload the "Code" add-on which gives nice coloring to the C# code snippets, but FoxPro is not available as a specific language in the list, so it's just one color, which is ok. It's on the way out anyway.

I've reserved domain names FoxToCSharp.com and VFPToCSharp.com (VFP = Visual Fox Pro) as well as the full name so as to keep look a-likes from stealing. Although, I am considering letting the first two go as the intent of the forum is to share and "the more the merrier" is pretty much my attitude. Will have to think about that.

Hosted by GoDaddy which has been fine so far with a couple of support calls ending is solutions.

On a personal note, I'm at a stage in my life where I enjoy volunteer/charity work and don't mind putting some money where my values are. This is running me about $20/month and I'm going to give it a 2 year run before re-evaluating.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Hi,

There isn't really much to critique here. Add a custom theme?
Will add more content. That's pretty much all the goal is. To show code before and after a translation. Will start taking it to people who do this kind of work. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hi, There isn't really much to critique here. Add a custom theme?
I'm thinking I'll add a Fox icon (just the head) to the balloon on the left and "C#" to the balloon on the right, but hide part of the "C" under the first balloon.

1583159535675.png

That would be cool.

Last edited:
Added a favicon.ico through these steps:

1. In Figma, created a rectangle and made it 32x32.
2. Copied the fox smilie from here by right clicking over it and selecting copy image 🦊
3. Pasted it into my Figma rectangle with Ctrl-V.
4. Exported from Figma as a .png.
5. Uploaded it to https://www.favicon-generator.org/ and saved all the variations to a zip file.
6. Copied the 32x32 png file out of the zip and renamed it to be favicon.ico (so Ico files can be png format)
7. Uploaded to my site and set the file path here:

1584221421535.png

What are the other two logos for and should I set them up as well?

Thanks for the suggestion. The favicon looks good in my browser tab.

Added a favicon.ico through these steps:

1. In Figma, created a rectangle and made it 32x32.
2. Copied the fox smilie from here by right clicking over it and selecting copy image 🦊
3. Pasted it into my Figma rectangle with Ctrl-V.
4. Exported from Figma as a .png.
5. Uploaded it to https://www.favicon-generator.org/ and saved all the variations to a zip file.
6. Copied the 32x32 png file out of the zip and renamed it to be favicon.ico (so Ico files can be png format)
7. Uploaded to my site and set the file path here:

View attachment 220574

What are the other two logos for and should I set them up as well?

Thanks for the suggestion. The favicon looks good in my browser tab.
Looks fantastic! I really like it! Time to continue adding content !

Looks fantastic! I really like it! Time to continue adding content !
Yep. I've also got to get the Code addon to highlight FoxPro code appropriately. I found a JavaScript file for some other system, but it doesn't work after following the installation instructions for the xf addon: Code. Time to learn some js.

Last edited:
Yep. I've also got to get the Code addon to highlight FoxPro code appropriately. I found a JavaScript file for some other system, but it doesn't work after following the installation instructions for the Code xf addon. Time to learn some js.
Js is really fun to learn. Some great tutorials online to help you or even YouTube for videos! If you are eager, you'll learn it pretty quick!

Top Bottom