1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forums with Classified Section

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Dante_B, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Dante_B

Dante_B Active Member

What are everyone's rules in enforcing when you run your classified section? I'm starting one and want to get ideas on what i should include in my section. I think it would be great if everyone can post their rules here, so everyone can compare.
  2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I personally, for my own usage only, have this in our terms

It could be and / or maybe a good idea to seek your own legal advisor, before selling & advertising or allowing others to sell & advertise any products or services on your site.

That is only my own personal opinion of course and not any direct legal advise.
    Dante_B likes this.
  4. Dante_B

Dante_B Active Member

5. Slavik

We are often critisied for being "Nazi" with our rules (threads with 1 violation get 1 chance to fix, with 2 or more get outright deleted) but as such, our forum has next to 0 scams going on.
    Lucas likes this.
  6. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

7. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Sounds perfect to me. People seem to believe now everything should give you complete freedom to do what you please, and it's not right, sometimes correctly moderated places with well setup rules run much better than those "open" forums for people to be more "open"...
  8. Slavik

One of our stranger rules

No text talk. Apart from the occasional 'lol' or 'ftw' etc Text talk will not be tolerated. We also ask that posts are in english or a decent attempt at english. We realise some of you aren't great at speeling and punktuation but mindless chat/drivel and abbreviations will be dealt with accordingly.
    Lucas likes this.
  9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

On one hand, I think I agree with the majority when they say "That's way too much." [Those that called you guys nazi's.] But on the other hand, it's spam.