Forums running XenForo software with over 100,000 posts

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do some of these "biggest" forums have so many posts with so little activity/members online at once/traffic???? Show me a site with a good amount of traffic, members/members online, and posts, and then I'll be impressed. Right now, I just can't tell how this software will perform on my site...I just can't...not with the forums listed in this thread.

How do some of these "biggest" forums have so many posts with so little activity/members online at once/traffic???? Show me a site with a good amount of traffic, members/members online, and posts, and then I'll be impressed. Right now, I just can't tell how this software will perform on my site...I just can't...not with the forums listed in this thread.

This list is not meant to impress but rather to tribute what others have been able to do with XF.

Personally I don't need this list to see how impressive XF is. :)

Agree, the problem of the post that is with the feeder is simple to increase dramatically the post counter (and a forum with over 100.000 post and 4k users, imho, it's not a "big forum").

I'll be able to give better info on this in a week or two after we complete the migration but in an open beta we rang up a few thousand posts in a night with a couple hundred active users and the software handled it all very well. We believe it will scale well to the demand we put on our server now (4.3 mill posts, 6-12k a day, 10 mill hits a month) after a few tests. Our load is quite high now using SMF so will also be interested to see if that drops.

Agree, the problem of the post that is with the feeder is simple to increase dramatically the post counter (and a forum with over 100.000 post and 4k users, imho, it's not a "big forum").

agree ... maybe we can use other metrics ... for example minimum 100,000 posts etc + minimum average number of people online at the same time

we can tweak the list as more XF sites go live :)

I'm still waiting to see an XenForo with stats like this:

Threads: 4,762,286
Members: 229,645

Currently Active Users: 2305 (2219 members and 86 guests)

This list is not meant to impress but rather to tribute what others have been able to do with XF.

Personally I don't need this list to see how impressive XF is. :)
I'm not trying to be impressed. I'm trying to see how a server handles xF with a lot of activity and traffic. Some of these post counts seem unreal compared to the activity I see on the sites but if you are just trying to show off sites with the most post counts, then you guys have succeeded. Maybe we need a thread called "Busy, Busier, Busiest XF Forums".

Please don't post forums forum with less of 10k users and/or an average of 100 registered users online. Many users ask "Xenforo can handle a big/busy community?". This topic can be a great answer, but please don't use it to show your community. It's useless to have another topic that show every community. There are several topics to link your forums.

I ask @GodForum.com to add to the first topic only the forums that has at least 10k users.

But i'm think that a big forum should have minimum this requirement:
100k posts
10k registered users
Average of 100 registered users online (and maybe 100 guest users).

I'm not trying to be impressed. I'm trying to see how a server handles xF with a lot of activity and traffic. Some of these post counts seem unreal compared to the activity I see on the sites but if you are just trying to show off sites with the most post counts, then you guys have succeeded. Maybe we need a thread called "Busy, Busier, Busiest XF Forums".

I agree completely ... we will tweak the list to consider interactivity as we go :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom