• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

forums in columns

This is a great idea.
It really doesn't make sense when forum lists need a scrollbar !!
I have a screenshot at work with a similar request / idea.

This is a great idea.
It really doesn't make sense when forum lists need a scrollbar !!

Very true. The forum I am working on was quite a few forums and I don't wanna use subforums, this almost becomes a must if I want it to look proper. If someone know how to do this please help me out!!! :)

I like this and will keep an eye out for it, although I don't think this would work well on my forum.

Tim,

Yeah, I think it's a situational thing. I have soo many things I am working on that without collapsing many forums you would have to scroll all over, this would rule for my forum.

This is a nice idea. Now that most screens are wider, it would be nice to be able to list categories which have a lot of subcats like this.
Also the normal column reduction in xen would seem to make this fit in nicely.

island, true true. i had something going for a second, then ruined my board, haha. gonna leave it to the experts and work on other stuff. :)

Tim,

Yeah, I think it's a situational thing. I have soo many things I am working on that without collapsing many forums you would have to scroll all over, this would rule for my forum.

Your football team example is perfect, I like the idea. When I think about it, I could possible use something like this for me tech portion of my forum.

xenforo.fit.all.forums.on.one.page.no.scrollbar.webp
I think it is unfriendly to users, especially new users, to have forums spralled out over pages.
I think the traditional method of listing forums is passe.
I'd like to see xF.com list all their forums *on one page*.

I'm rehashing a old post of mine about the same topic:

There is a nice article on multi-column lists on A List Apart
http://www.alistapart.com/articles/multicolumnlists/

With simple CSS we can easily float the forum to create multi-column layouts.

I personally don't like them but i can see how they can work on some forums.

Here are few quick and "very dirty" examples made on the fly by editing some CSS with firebug

Photo%20Oct%2022%2C%2012%2055%2010%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2022%2C%2012%2058%2040%20PM.jpg

Here are few quick and "very dirty" examples made on the fly by editing some CSS with firebug

Photo%20Oct%2022%2C%2012%2055%2010%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2022%2C%2012%2058%2040%20PM.jpg
this looks great i want my forum to look like the first img
is it possible to make it work in all browser and send us the changes made
thanx a lot

Miko,

Very very nice. I especially like the second photo very much. Is there a way to change the logos in certain forum? i.e., for instance in my example, to football teams. They wouldnt need to be read/unread for my usage. I love what you are starting here.

Thanks

whitetrash, I should have an addon released tomorrow or Saturday called xenCons which will be an option to replace the default message icons with custom icons. Since the forums turn bold upon new posts for users, then it won't interfere with seeing forums with new posts.

can you provide these codes for us
they look great . is it possible ?
thanx

Top Bottom