I wanted to write a quick post to introduce my new project to you. It's called ForumCloud and it's a new hosting platform specifically designed for running forums (we don't, and have no plan to start, hosting standard web sites.)
You're probably already sceptical, and I understand that. Hosting companies are a dime a dozen, but hopefully we've got something that'll appeal to you.
Here's what we're planning:
- The platform is optimised for XenForo (and IP.Board) - from the database, to the server software.
- The web servers are nginx and PHP-FPM (with APC caching,) so they're fast.
- We're going to offer CloudFlare as part of the package, so you get all of the benefits of that.
- There's no overhead from cPanel, WHM, Plesk or anything like that. We'll have a control panel, but it'll be simple, lightweight and hosted separately.
- Each forum sits in its own little container on the servers (in terms of PHP, web server, etc), protecting both you and everyone else on the server from exploits (and snooping!)
Any feedback you might have is also much appreciated.