[ForumApps] Native Mobile Apps for XenForo [Deleted]

I did notice the affiliate link.

I also noticed that the affiliate link price is higher than ordering direct.

$25 vs $20 a month.

View attachment 163629

Look, I don't have anything at all against affiliate links, or companies in the same space teaming up to support eachother.

But it just feels weird having Theme House emailing me about some new app, that has no disclosure whatsoever about their affiliation with the app. It feels like it's a Theme House app the way it's all written and promoted.

Then to see it looks like they're making money off of the affiliate links by inflating the price? That seems odd. I really don't even care about that, the price is very low already, so it's not the actual cost, it's just the lack of transparency that feels off.

I've got nothing against Theme House, I have a subscription with them. And I think Aayushs' app is the best thing we've got going at the moment for XF in terms of mobile and it's incredibly important to this space, so I want him to get the most exposure possible so that he gets the funds to develop his project faster. But like others have said, I'm just plain confused by this.

Very same here. And to be honest, the mailing from themehouse - to their customers under their brand, promoting an app that seemed at least until now in no way connected to them, now offered by them - made me think in the first minutes this would be some sort of skimming and their servers might become hacked. With the very little explanations above in mind, I can see that this should be some sort of cross marketing. But the way performed for me it´s just a big fail, as it does anything but raising a trust level. Wether for the App, Aayush and in particular nor for themehouse. I understand what you´ve tried to achieve -but please, try for some better customer communication. If the mission goal just was to unsettle potential customers, mission accomplished here.

How is themehouse involved in this addon?
Aayush, are you part of themehouse?
Who has significant control over this addon?

Would it be possible to add an RSS feed? So that sites can push their blog content within the same app? We use Wordpress as most others, so there's also an option for connecting via the REST API I guess.

Just read this and wanted to share this with you guys:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/08/a...s-wiping-small-businesses-from-the-app-store/
We will let you know if we get any notice from Apple.

According to 2017 data from Flurry, mobile browser usage dropped from 20 percent in 2013 to just 8 percent in 2016, with the rest of our time spent in apps, for example. They are our doorway to the web and the way we interact with services.
-TechCrunch32833300270_4b72783066_o.webp

Meanwhile you can sign the following petition: https://www.change.org/p/apple-please-allow-small-businesses-to-publish-apps-in-the-app-store

For all the people who think ForumApps is too expensive and they are entitled for a discount, this is indication of what native apps usually charge and now compare it to what ForumApps is charging right now. We are constantly improving the apps and providing more value to forum owners and our current prices will increase in future.
Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 10.32.37 AM.webp
The above pricing is of a third party service which provides native apps for businesses.

is the branding removal per month please.
20USD for the service etc? plus then removal?
Not sure if there’s an English issue here. Recurrent means repeated. I’m fairly sure the branding removal is only paid once, not monthly/annually.

I believe it's 10 USD/month extra for the branding removal, or USD 120/year on closer inspection: https://forumapps.net/clientarea/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

Yes, it's a bit strange, haven't seen that before. I would rather pay a one time fee.

Could you add a lifetime option @Aayush?

Just read this and wanted to share this with you guys:
https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/08/a...s-wiping-small-businesses-from-the-app-store/
We will let you know if we get any notice from Apple.
It's been this way for quite some time; the difference is that instead of blocking publishing of new apps or updating existing ones, they are outright removing existing apps now (and added a rule). How it affects the ecosystem when hundreds of BYO apps get pulled, in two weeks we'll know.

Last edited:
It's been this way for quite some time; the difference is that instead of blocking publishing of new apps or updating existing ones, they are outright removing existing apps now (and added a rule). How it affects the ecosystem when hundreds of BYO apps get pulled, in two weeks we'll know.
I doubt that will happen because it is unfair business practice and a lot of small businesses can’t afford to dedict $15-20k for building dedicated apps and maintaining it year after year through Apple iOS updates. Apple updated iOS 3 times in the last 3 months.

There are many pleas but no credible legal arguments against them. Keep in mind they are developing service workers for progressive web apps, so in essence they are saying "you can have your apps, but not on our app store".

There are many pleas but no credible legal arguments against them. Keep in mind they are developing service workers for progressive web apps, so in essence they are saying "you can have your apps, but not on our app store".
Safari doesn’t even support service workers properly. They are pushing people to use Chrome now 😂

Top Bottom