Forum Won't EMail

Dave Webster

Messages from the application keep telling me that emails have been sent, but none arrive in my inbox. I thought it might be my VPS but support tells me:

----------------------
Hello,

I have tried put a php mail script and tried sending mail to the gmail.com, one of our test accounts.

--
2013-03-22 06:07:04 1UIysK-0005kd-Ss <= nobody@host.vsij.com U=nobody P=local S=457 T="Test mail" for khcares@gmail.com
2013-03-22 06:10:14 1UIysK-0005kd-Ss gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [2607:f8b0:400e:c01::1b] Connection timed out
2013-03-22 06:10:15 1UIysK-0005kd-Ss => khcares@gmail.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [173.194.79.27] X=TLSv1:RC4-SHA:128
2013-03-22 06:10:15 1UIysK-0005kd-Ss Completed
--

I have created a test forum account in the forum and tried to send confirmation mail but no mails are getting generated from the script. This is not a mail server issue as the mails are not all getting generated from the script.

I think contacting a developer will help you to solve this issue as the codes are not getting executed properly.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Steve
KnownHost Support.

-----------------------

Where do I go from here?

So your host says they used a simple PHP email script to test the php sendmail functon and it works, however XenForo doesn't generate them?

The first thing which springs to mind, has it gone to a spam folder?

Following that, do you have the -f function ticked or unticked?

i had same problem here,. is this issue fix? please tell me how, i can't receive email on my yahoo account only on google account but on spam folder, any idea how to fix this?

If the attachment was of your current setup, then I see a couple of problems if you are trying to relay through gmail smtp server.

You need to select Authentication -> Username and password.
Your username needs to be username@gmail.com (or app hosted domain), port 587 and use TLS.

Top Bottom