1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Forum Won't EMail

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Dave Webster, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Dave Webster

Dave Webster New Member

Messages from the application keep telling me that emails have been sent, but none arrive in my inbox. I thought it might be my VPS but support tells me:

----------------------
    Hello,

I have tried put a php mail script and tried sending mail to the gmail.com, one of our test accounts.

--
    2013-03-22 06:07:04 1UIysK-0005kd-Ss <= nobody@host.vsij.com U=nobody P=local S=457 T="Test mail" for khcares@gmail.com
    2013-03-22 06:10:14 1UIysK-0005kd-Ss gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [2607:f8b0:400e:c01::1b] Connection timed out
    2013-03-22 06:10:15 1UIysK-0005kd-Ss => khcares@gmail.com R=lookuphost T=remote_smtp H=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [173.194.79.27] X=TLSv1:RC4-SHA:128
    2013-03-22 06:10:15 1UIysK-0005kd-Ss Completed
    --

I have created a test forum account in the forum and tried to send confirmation mail but no mails are getting generated from the script. This is not a mail server issue as the mails are not all getting generated from the script.

I think contacting a developer will help you to solve this issue as the codes are not getting executed properly.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
    Steve
    KnownHost Support.

-----------------------

Where do I go from here?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Can you post a screenshot of your email settings?

3. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

So your host says they used a simple PHP email script to test the php sendmail functon and it works, however XenForo doesn't generate them?

The first thing which springs to mind, has it gone to a spam folder?

Following that, do you have the -f function ticked or unticked?

4. Dave Webster

Dave Webster New Member

Attached Files:

5. Dave Webster

Dave Webster New Member

-f function? Where?

6. Slavik

Those settings will not work. Try setting the email transport method to "default".

7. Slavik

Under the "default" email transport method.

8. Dave Webster

Dave Webster New Member

Okay, now I see it .. no, using SMTP

9. Dave Webster

Dave Webster New Member

With or without the '-f'?

10. Slavik

SMTP and php sendmail (default) are 2 different protocols.

Changing it back to default will fix your issue.

11. Slavik

Try with.

12. Dave Webster

Dave Webster New Member

Tried 'default' with and without '-f', still no email received after test account setup.

13. Slavik

If your host sent an email with a php script correctly, then using the default function would work also.

Check your spam folder.

14. Marileah

Marileah Member

i had same problem here,. is this issue fix? please tell me how, i can't receive email on my yahoo account only on google account but on spam folder, any idea how to fix this?

15. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

If the attachment was of your current setup, then I see a couple of problems if you are trying to relay through gmail smtp server.

You need to select Authentication -> Username and password.
    Your username needs to be username@gmail.com (or app hosted domain), port 587 and use TLS.

16. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member