• No, but I want to

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No, but I should so no one else can use the name

• Hate Twitter... #hashtagsarestupid

• Total voters

dvsDave

Out of curiosity, does your forum have a twitter account and how do you use it to interact with your members/promote your site?

I don't want any Well... I should do .... I want what you actually do (and links to your twitter accounts would be great!

I think it can be a valuable tool, but I am very curious to see how other forums utilize twitter.

I have one. I post some things from my site on it. I retweet things that I link that are related to my site. When I have a interesting thread I will hit the share button and share it to my account. I then add hash tags to help people find it.

@GearHeadCentral I need to work on getting more followers.

James

We use a social management system called Sprout Social.

I use that to push out posts and interesting stuff to our Facebook, Twitter and Google plus accounts.

Yes, we do @KHVidsNET

Threads from our news forums are automatically posted to Twitter using IFTTT. If I see something relevant to our topic I'll retweet it, and I try to interact with followers every now and again. In the future I'd like to do follower giveaways of some sort, to try to drive some more traffic to our Twitter account.

Yep @RefChat

I tweet a lot of threads to get more people involved. Seems to work.

I also retweet a lot of relevant things too. Just shy of 1200 followers. Just wish more of them would sign up to the forum

Yes, we do @KHVidsNET

Threads from our news forums are automatically posted to Twitter using IFTTT. If I see something relevant to our topic I'll retweet it, and I try to interact with followers every now and again. In the future I'd like to do follower giveaways of some sort, to try to drive some more traffic to our Twitter account.

Huh... how do you use IFFTT for your forum? RSS feed?

We use a social management system called Sprout Social.

I use that to push out posts and interesting stuff to our Facebook, Twitter and Google plus accounts.

Which plan do you use for Sprout Social. Do you think you get your ROI from it?

In addition to a personal account, I have a Twitter account for every production site that's up and running. The question is do I ever use them? Rarely. It's a chore trying to manage all those accounts much less remembering to post to them.

Huh... how do you use IFFTT for your forum? RSS feed?
XF generates an RSS feed for each forum; we use IFTTT to post the new feed items (new threads) to our Twitter account. It's pretty simple, I'm shocked Twitter doesn't have built in functionality for it.

Which plan do you use for Sprout Social. Do you think you get your ROI from it?
We have whatever the basic plan is, can't remember off the top of my head. We manage the social media for about 8 sites through it at the moment.

I can sit down for 30 minutes and plan/schedule a whole months worth of posts through it. Definitely been worth the fee so far!

We have whatever the basic plan is, can't remember off the top of my head. We manage the social media for about 8 sites through it at the moment.

I can sit down for 30 minutes and plan/schedule a whole months worth of posts through it. Definitely been worth the fee so far!

Wow... what sort of posts do you schedule that far in advance?

Wow... what sort of posts do you schedule that far in advance?
We are a car forum, so we organise meets and cruises. Most are being planned at least 2-3 months ahead of time.

We also have a shop with various things, and some of our moderators make some basic parts which they sell on the forum. These get posted randomly.

Every few months I push out links to our technical wiki's so people don't forget we have one, and it's generally useful.

Our picture of the month competition entry request gets posted regularly up to the closing date. I'll then feature the entered images individually during the voting period.

We have XenMediaGallery so I will post random images uploaded over the previous weeks/months.

Plus anything else that seems relevant at the time :)

I don’t personally manage the Twitter account. A staff member has been managing it since the start. He is no longer in charge because he needs more time for school so we are going to have to reassign it. I hope I don’t end up having to control it.

We mainly showcase our news and activities.

Poquer833 is the account.

Since Facebook has shown its intent to no longer allow us to advertise there, we are probably going to have to come up with a plan to use twitter a lot more.

Hootsuite is the tool used to manage the social network accounts.

Top Bottom