Lack of interest Forum titles to have additional image/html/css

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Mouth

Coming from vB, which allowed forum titles to include html, meant that you could highlight a new forum via way of html within the title. I used a standard image tag to include a little 'new' graphic next to the title. This then appeared on the forums index, and emphasised to users that this forum was new or recently added.

With xF, I appear to only be able to achieve this via the description that appears in the hover-over tooltip which doesn't emphasise it enough when a user is scanning/scrolling down the forums index page. I'm only new to xF, but I did have a look at the styles CSS and could only see how to have the same for all forums and not pick out individual forums.

Thus, I would like to suggest that within the Admin CP that the node tree for a forum include a input underneath the forum title that allows entry of html or css(preferably, more flexible?), so that each forum title on the forum index page can have an image of style applied.

Example showing where used a simple html img tag within the forum title to highlight it. ...
Screen Shot 2012-02-16 at 12.50.54 AM.webp

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think this would be a great feature and would certainly be very beneficial to myself, will be watching this thread with great interest :)

Yes I would like this too, Also to make a new forum title highlighted with a background colour
Anything to liven up the boring text link look

I suggest that the link in the node tree is just a small icon to click. That way it won't take up another line of space - the node tree tends to get lengthy.
Also a setting to control how long a forum is treated as New.

Though it would be lovely if we could decorate selected cforums anyway with an individual icon and colours.
I can imagine seasonal ones for Christmas, Halloween. Or humour. Art pics. Vehicles, machinery. Etc

I don't agree with this just because I've seen people do atrocious things design-wise to this :p. I think that, design wise at least, it should be done with CSS.

Example showing where used a simple html img tag within the forum title to highlight it. ...
View attachment 25566
For example, you could do something like this:
Code:
.nodeList .node .unread .nodeTitle {
background-url('@imagePath/new_icon.png') 98% 0 no-repeat;
}

Something like this would align all the new icons in a column as well, but if you wanted it to say float next to the title like you have in your screenshot, you can use ::after which is a psuedo CSS selector which will allow you to create a div that would float. If you want a tutorial on this I can show you, but the first method is much simpler and neater.

In any case, I'd say that 95% or more of the things you want to do can be done with a few lines of CSS and don't require the ability to add HTML.

Top Bottom