Forum Status Icon Question

Gabby

Hello All,
Just a quicky.... I uploaded some new forum icons (forum-read and forum-unread), and renamed them to the same, but they aren't showing up in my forum. What must I do next?

Thank you,

Gabby

The node icons are defined in your:

Admin CP -> Appearance -> Style Properties -> Node Icons

The default icons use a sprite image, but you can replace it with individual images if you want.

You can also create separate icons for each forum:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rc-1-custom-node-status-icons-read-unread.10886/

But in 1.1 you must also set the background-position unless you are using sprites that mirror the default node icons. Here is the code from that thread with the background-position added:

Rich (BB code):
/* custom status icons */
.node .node_7 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-read-7.png");
    background-position: 0px 0px;
}
.node .node_7 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
    background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread-7.png");
}

Thanks Jake, simple as pie once I found the node icon.

What do you all think? I'm making this site for my sister.

Are the icons too much? Trying to match things.

Be nice, I'm VERY VERY tech challenged, I basically have no clue. LOL

The background positions are messing up your non-sprite images (for read / unread status):

Screen shot 2012-05-10 at 5.29.32 PM.webp

Remove the background positions:

The node icons are defined in your:

The default icons use a sprite image, but you can replace it with individual images if you want.

You can also create separate icons for each forum:

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/rc-1-custom-node-status-icons-read-unread.10886/

But in 1.1 you must also set the background-position unless you are using sprites that mirror the default node icons. Here is the code from that thread with the background-position added:

Rich (BB code):
.node .node_7 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}
.node .node_7 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

does this work for sub forums? it's working fine for my root forums, but not sub-forums.

does this work for sub forums? it's working fine for my root forums, but not sub-forums.

Yes it should.

I was working with a person once where we had to change the CSS selector slightly to get it working. This is something you might try:

Rich (BB code):
.node.node_7 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}
.node.node_7 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

(removed space between .node .node_#)

Yes it should.

I was working with a person once where we had to change the CSS selector slightly to get it working. This is something you might try:

Rich (BB code):
.node.node_7 .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node.node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
}
.node.node_7 .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node.node_7 .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
}

(removed space between .node .node_#)

that totally worked. thank you! should i just do that for sub-forums, or all of them? does it matter?

Top Bottom