Implemented Forum Sitebar

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
We already support a sidebar on every page. It's just a case of using a <xen:sidebar> tag in your template and filling it with whatever you like. We currently use it on the forum list, member list and conversation view.

We already support a sidebar on every page. It's just a case of using a <xen:sidebar> tag in your template and filling it with whatever you like. We currently use it on the forum list, member list and conversation view.

*thumbs up*

sounds good. I'm assuming there's lots of other cool things like this in the template system :D

Will this include pure HTML, or just the template tags?

While I currently allow users to disable the sidebar, I foresee a day where I'll be putting advertising in it, and removing the ability for users to close it. I prefer advertising in the sidebar, rather than putting it in the middle of a thread.

While I currently allow users to disable the sidebar, I foresee a day where I'll be putting advertising in it, and removing the ability for users to close it. I prefer advertising in the sidebar, rather than putting it in the middle of a thread.

The common need for MPU and skyscraper ads is the reason why I developed a multi-purpose, easy to style sidebar for XenForo.

Is that WordPress widget-like? :)

Personally I have no use for a left sidebar, but for right to left languages I imagine they would need one. Is there a provision for swapping sides in the backend? I'm pretty sure it'd be a more or less trivial task to do it via CSS (or even jQuery), but I wondered if it's going to be a setting to help the less adept.

Top Bottom