Forum search results

optrex

Looking at the results from searching the forums...the results return each post where the search term is met. So in some instances you get long lists returning the same topic. (see example image)

Screen Shot 2011-07-30 at 10.44.39 PM.webp

Is it possible to get a setting where the topic will only display the once, no matter how many posts the search term matches?

Thanks. Can that be set as the default action by the administrator, rather than users going to advanced search eat time?

Brogan, you're dangling a carrot for me now ;)
So its possible with file edits. Would you be able to provide me with some edited code to insert in the relevant places please? Just purchased yesterday and still finding my way around.

Hmm, it's not something I've looked into so it will take some time to check what needs to be changed.

In the meantime I suspect Jake or a.n.other may be along shortly with a solution.

I'd love to get this setup before I send out my membership invites. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

ps If someone could correct my title typo, that would be handy too please ;)

It won't help from the main search box (top right) but you can edit the search template so it is checked by default - so if someone clicks the search navigation link it'll be set:

Edit template -> search_form_post

Find:

<dd><label for="ctrl_group_discussion"><input type="checkbox" name="group_discussion" id="ctrl_group_discussion" value="1"{xen:checked '{$search.group_discussion}'} /> {xen:phrase display_results_as_threads}</label></dd>

... and add the checked option:

<dd><label for="ctrl_group_discussion"><input type="checkbox" name="group_discussion" checked="checked" id="ctrl_group_discussion" value="1"{xen:checked '{$search.group_discussion}'} /> {xen:phrase display_results_as_threads}</label></dd>

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Top Bottom