Forum problem

Wayne Hunt

Hi,

VB owner who's not enthusiastic about the 4.x direction (or the crazy costs). In fact, haven't updated my VB sites in about 2 years because at first, I was waiting on 4.x, now I'm just disappointed with it.

Anyway, just found Xenforo and signed up so that I could evaluate the software as well as look at a few themes. I very much want to support this software and the direction it appears to be going in.

Unfortunately for some reason, I apparently "don't have permission" to look at screenshots, even though my account is -- apparently -- validated and working (See? Posting.. :) )

Anyway, I'm playing catchup here so if I've missed anything, please let me know what's amiss?

Thanks,

Wayne

Only license holders can view full size versions of thumbnails in the customer forums, or download attachments.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

Why can't I post, view or download attachments in the Customer forums?
These forums are restricted to licensed customers only. Up to four forum user names can be associated with each customer account, enabling license owners to grant access for their site staff.

Ok. Thanks. I understand not being able to download things. Makes sense, but not being able to see thumbnails? Seriously? How can I (or any prospective customer) get a true sense of what's available for Xenforo before plunking down money with such restrictions? I'd like to be able to find a theme that works with minimal grunt work before I actually spend $140 (though I'm sure it's worth it).

Ok. Thanks. I understand not being able to download things. Makes sense, but not being able to see thumbnails? Seriously? How can I (or any prospective customer) get a true sense of what's available for Xenforo before plunking down money with such restrictions? I'd like to be able to find a theme that works with minimal grunt work before I actually spend $140 (though I'm sure it's worth it).
The attachment system doesn't currently differentiate between attachment types (images and other).

All attachments are binary, you can either view/download all or not. Because there aren't permissions for each type, restrictions have been made.

You can see demos of most themes on the author's site.

Ninja'd!

Most of the Theme designers will have a live demo link, may I suggest you pop on over to their official sites and have a look there :)

Top Bottom