Forum Password

Forum Password 1.3

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Password - Password protect forums and thread contents.

Description:

Password protect forums and thread contents.

(Example of Password page)

View attachment 107357

(Example of Options page)

View attachment 107358

Features:
  • Allows single or multiple forums to be password protected.
  • Threads in password protected forum also require password if direct URL is used.
  • All phrases start with password_ for your convenience.
Installation:
  1. Download password_v1.0.zip and unzip it....

Read more about this resource...

Purely out of curiosity, why not just make the node private and give them access via a user group which can be controlled by account upgrades if needed?

Thanks. Another useful add-on.
But I wish I could set password for each thread that I want (user group permission can allow different group to be able to set password when they are creating thread).

I agree with @Dadparvar would be great if we could have passwords on a per thread basis. That would be ideal for an RPG. Over all, loving this add on so far. It works great with 1.5. No bugs found yet :)

By the way, @AndyB , I would be willing to donate if you add the passwords for threads feature.

Purely out of curiosity, why not just make the node private and give them access via a user group which can be controlled by account upgrades if needed?

I can see this as useful if you wanted to give selected non-members access to a forum, which can be private but not in the same way as a forum which is privileged only to certain usergroups.

I noticed that when you enter the password for a node/forum, it redirects you to the forum index. I've made the following edit to redirect them back to the forum they were trying to enter as a QoL improvement and sharing it in case anyone else would also like to do it.

File: library/Andy/Password/ControllerPublic/Password.php
Find: XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('index')
Replace With: XenForo_Link::buildPublicLink('canonical:forums', array('node_id' => $nodeId))

Seems to work fine. :)

Thanks for the addon. REALLY appreciate it considering I migrated from vB and used this feature.

Wondering if there's anyway we can get it updated to support:
1. Not including password-protected forums in the news feed / recent activity based on password authenticated prior or just remove altogether?
2. Somehow working with Tapatalk to include this feature in their app (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/xenforo-add-support-for-forum-password-t36336.html) - otherwise a way to perhaps move someone that's authenticated into a usergroup to "see" the forum or something?

Again, thank you for this!

Thanks for the addon. REALLY appreciate it considering I migrated from vB and used this feature.

Wondering if there's anyway we can get it updated to support:
1. Not including password-protected forums in the news feed / recent activity based on password authenticated prior or just remove altogether?
2. Somehow working with Tapatalk to include this feature in their app (https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/tapatalksupport/xenforo-add-support-for-forum-password-t36336.html) - otherwise a way to perhaps move someone that's authenticated into a usergroup to "see" the forum or something?

Again, thank you for this!
I have the same concern, with the password protected sections still being exposed via "What's New," "Latest Activity'" and in an individual user's "Recent Posts."

Top Bottom