Forum Move

Should be just as easy as moving everything into a /forum/ folder then change the URLs in the XenForo "Basic Board Information" options.

A change of directory is easy. Move the files to the new location and then update this setting:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

edit - ninjaaaaa

Is there any special reason for doing this? You will change your entire URL structure, so at the very least be sure to have 301 redirects in place, to minimize your search engine traffic decline.

Is there any special reason for doing this? You will change your entire URL structure, so at the very least be sure to have 301 redirects in place, to minimize your search engine traffic decline.

I just wanna create a website infront instead of the forum being the website.

A change of directory is easy. Move the files to the new location and then update this setting:

Admin CP -> Home -> Options -> Basic Board Information -> Board URL

edit - ninjaaaaa

Should i move everything first then edit the options or edit then move, also by move do you mean copy and past it all or straight up move?

I just wanna create a website infront instead of the forum being the website.

Should i move everything first then edit the options or edit then move, also by move do you mean copy and past it all or straight up move?
What are you using to create your front page?

The most elegant way of doing this which won't get you penalised in search engines it to use something integrated into XenForo such as XenPorta.

If you do carry on as you are then the order you do things doesn't particularly matter. Moving rather than copying is fine too.

Top Bottom