Other FORUM MODS - Please read :)

=MGN=RedEagle

Having some mods developed. Can I transfer ownership of a plugin from me to another later on if I want to?

Basically, I want to just develop plugins now and put them up. Then have the option to make an official business out of it later if I want to.

Well your question was about ownership rights.

Yes, it is possible to reassign resources.

Having some mods developed. Can I transfer ownership of a plugin from me to another later on if I want to?

Basically, I want to just develop plugins now and put them up. Then have the option to make an official business out of it later if I want to.
From this I have to infer that you are paying someone to develop stuff for you and no matter what is possible to display within a system your question really seems to be asking if you can redistribute something you had made for you and the answer could only be given to you by the person you paid to set it up for you. They may allow you to transfer the one instance they created for you or they may not allow you to transfer it whatsoever, they may have given you ownership of the code to do with as you please but again that that is something you really between you and your developer and you should discuss with them before worrying about how to go about doing it.

I stress this because when I post something and make it available publicly here it is free , when I work privately on paid jobs with one person they have a single license to any work I have done and then tailored to suit their site which they can sell with the sale or dissolution of their site unless they are wiling pay to relieve me to my rights to reuse and profit off of my own code and thereby purchase those rights themselves including the ones to control distribution and making their own standalone marketable product out of it.

Just saying it is probably wise to either clarify what you are looking for or to clarify with your developer as to what your legal rights to the property actually are before making any moves on it if not for nothing else just to keep your nose clean.

Top Bottom