XF 2.1 Forum moderator Vs global moderator

mishster

I can't seem to limit forum moderators to just a single forum. If I make them a forum moderator they can moderate the whole board. I've tried everything in the settings, searched this forum, read what I can of the manual and I'm still very confused and frustrated.

When I create a new forum moderator I tick the box "moderating" but as soon as I do that they can moderate the whole board. If I leave it unticked they can't moderate at all.

I want a different forum moderator for each of my sub forums, but I only want the forum moderators to be able to start threads, and the general user to be able to reply but not start threads.

Is there a simple way to do this?

Adding them to the Moderating user group will grant them the permissions set in that user group.

Reduce the permissions for that user group and add them at the node level, or don't add them to the user group and set the permissions at the node level for that user.

For the replying/posting issue, remove the new threads permission for the Registered user group for that node.
Allow it for the node moderator.

Adding them to the Moderating user group will grant them the permissions set in that user group.

Reduce the permissions for that user group and add them at the node level, or don't add them to the user group and set the permissions at the node level for that user.

For the replying/posting issue, remove the new threads permission for the Registered user group for that node.
Allow it for the node moderator.

Thanks I think I know what to do now. Altering individuals at node level did the trick.

Top Bottom