Forum management

AnthonyCea

LOL, and managment here is censoring my posts, that is the joke here because it is the very same thing that happened on the vB forums before that place blew up.

Are they posting libelous things about you on the vB forums ?

Is a statement of truth libelous if it accurately reflects historic events ??

Answers, Yes and No !!!

How to prove Libel
There are several ways a person must go about proving that libel has taken place. For example, in the United States, the person first must prove that the statement was false. Second, that person must prove that the statement caused harm. And, third, they must prove that the statement was made without adequate research into the truthfulness of the statement. These steps are for an ordinary citizen. In the case of a celebrity or public official trying to prove libel, they must prove the first three steps, and must (in the United States) prove the statement was made with the intent to do harm, or with reckless disregard for the truth.[17]

Are they posting libelous things about you on the vB forums ?

Is a statement of truth libelous if it accurately reflects historic events ??

Answers, Yes and No !!!
Anthony! As my grandma always used to say, "Two wrongs don't make a right". So they're posting libelous info about XF. Should we respond in kind? No.
I would think that we're better than that.

Yeah, I got my posts removed as well, and I might complain about it or even stamp my foot during stressful moments, but I completely agree that it is their forum - and even if you post 100% normal, they are free to completely remove all your content without reason.

Well, my theory is that sort of forum management is a major threat to the editorial integrity of any forum.

XF is not responsible for the content of posts made by members, they are the authors, not management here, if forums pick and choose what they want posted you may as well not participate.

My theory is that users who misbehave are simply removed, leaving nothing but good people. Perhaps also not the best.. Seeing how XF is a compromise of both preferences, I am sure they will do fine. Regardless, thank you for understanding how they run the place here, and for respecting that.

What are you really trying to say Peggy ?

Are you posting just to be posting for attention or something ?
I don't need attention, thank you, but sometimes it seems that you do.

If you read my post again, you'll be able to see why I posted. It's not hard to figure it out, dear.
This forum belongs to Kier, Mike, and Ashley. They have the right to remove anything that they feel is not beneficial to this site.
Especially if they feel that there is even the most remote possibility that it could be used against them in these farcical lawsuits (not saying that was the reason).

Now chill out and have some fun, this is a wonderful day! :D

Floris I understand more than anyone here the history of this forum as I do with many of them I have posted on over the years.

Would you like me to write about it ??

I would rather not, because I like the guys personally and do understand the position they are in and possible sensitivities they might have at this point.

When I have been critical of some members here many of those posts were removed also.

Nah don't bother, because I really don't care. I just wanted to make the point that if they delete the post, regardless of whatever reason or without prior warning; that's up to them. If you believe that's cause for this community or company to fall apart and die a thousand deaths, so be it. Nothing I can do about that anyway.

I gave my point of view, you explained yours - this thread is about the litigation, and has nothing to do with you defending why your post was deleted. That's probably best discussed with the team internally, in my opinion.

Thanks for the offer!

So this means we are only to post fluff and cheer leading threads and posts here ?

Seems that is what a lot of the content here has become and that is a turn off to a lot of readers, in fact, XF has been made fun of for it and we know this as a fact.

PS: Most forums are businesses, publishing businesses !!

So this means we are only to post fluff and cheer leading threads and posts here ?
Well I don't know about you but I spend most of my time helping XenForo customers (and non-customers), responding to their questions and problems.

Maybe if you venture out of the Off Topic forum instead of just constantly posting about black hat spammers and like abuse, you might see that there is a thriving community here.

Anthony, I think it's unrealistic to expect xF to allow anyone to post here carte blanche and free from moderation; other than possibly the forum/business owners and their chosen representatives.

If you want your posts to be completely uncensored then you simply have to post them on your own forums. Any liability is then yours alone for you to edit, remove, defend or enter litigation for (however you see fit). (y)

Top Bottom